• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The SAT!

monkeygirl

Well, I just got the unofficial results back from my first-ever SAT!

The scores are as follows:

Math: 650

Verbal: 700

Total: 1350

While they're not as high as I'd like them to be, they're still better than my big brother's first scores, so I'm happy :)

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with those scores! :) I scored the exact same thing in verbal and math. I guess you could say I'm well rounded. :lol: Didn't score quite as high as you however. :dodgy: Congrats!

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Well done MonkeyGirl!

Now... could you explain to a thick Brit just what SAT is and what you have to do for them/it?

Thanks!! :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 5 months later...

since no one seems to be answering your question, the SAT is an entrance exam for university, though kind of unnecisary cuz most universities accept the ACT. you just sign up for it and give them a bunch of money, and the prestigious colleges look at it and rank you, as well as with your GPA and a submitted essay, and any other factors that university looks at. i didn't take 'em, i just took the ACT. but some places require the SAT, and it's generally good to have it taken; i'm just really lazy :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Congradulations !

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

SAT = Scholastic Aptitude Test

it's a "standardized" test that universities use, along with other criteria, to rank students considered for admission.

The maximum possible score on the SAT is 1600, so scoring a 1350 is pretty darn good! (84th percentile)

I only scored 1100 myself, but that was sufficient for acceptance into the university I was applying to.

University of Houston - Go Coogs!!

The thing to remember about college is, it's one thing to get accepted into college, it's quite another to stay in!

Study, study, and study some more, is the best advice I could give.

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean