• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bruised toe nail

Yoshie

Hey, i know this sounds silly, but i had my shindo at karate, and it was like the first time ever using it, but it dropped and hit my 2nd toe, now the toe nail is all brown and black, and when i push it, it moves around, like its going to come off, should i just take it off, or wait???

"The more relaxed you are the faster and more powerfull you will be." Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It will fall off when it's ready. It seems to be best to cut it short so you don't catch it and rip it off too soon.

I always say leave it alone, however when I get a black nail I always play with it and cut it back and poke about under it to get the black bits out. A bit like a spot really you know you shouldn't pick it but it's just too tempting.

i have the same thing right now... my toenail has been purple for 3 months and the nail won't fall off. it's not a big deal, but you might want to take measure to ensure that it doesn't come off in class and fly across the dojo and hit someone in the eye. ;) gross, i know. but with mine, i put a band-aid over it so there's nothing sticky on the actual nail, and then i wrap a little tape around my toe. and keep it clean too - you don't want an infection under there.