• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Solar plexus, how can I build it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm pretty sure you can't 'build' on your solar plexus, no matter what you do. You can condition yourself to getting used to the pain, but as a nerve centre you can't stop people knocking you out by hitting you here!

just keep your elbows in not just when blocking but also when attacking!

Bretty

There are actually no muscles that are able to be built for the solar plexus, but if learn to always exhale upon impact it does help out. The closest muscle group you have for the area is your upper rectus abdominus and the onlye way to build it up that I have found is doing "zone crunches".

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

That is correct. The plexus is essentially a protrusion of cartilage that contains a large amount of nerves. There is no way to build it up. That's why it is a prime striking target, it can really hurt you and knock you down to your knees. Building the rectus abdominus is the only way to help a major blow there. Either that or gain 100 pounds and the layer of fat will protect it! :P But...I assume that's not an option....

Mixed Martial Artist

Yeah its like saying, how can I build up my nose; u cant its mearly cartiledge, a bit of bone and sum nerves, that why its a pressure point.

I agree with what Bretty said, u've just gotta get ur nerves use to the impact.

p.s why not give combat Ki a go, channel ur energy to ur solar plexus! (thats a joke by the way).

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Rich67, u seem to know ur stuff, i've noticed on quite a few threads. Are u a physio or somthing?

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee