• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kick boxing help NEED it here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

you don't have to get into the ring - that's personal choice. You will start sparring though - you will drill with contact from the very beginning, but it's not intense, balls to the wall contact. you will start prarring after about three months or so.

is this american kickboxing or muay thai that you are talking about?

Yes, you don't have to fight in turnements if you don't want to. And in my school you have the chance not to spar full contact if you don't want. Anyhow a certain level of contact is necessary. In almost one year of practice I hurt myself only once (not seriously just I had to stop training for 3 weeks luckly it was just before Xmas) to a toe for a round kick badly landed. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Shop around ... you may find somewhere that focuses on Semi-contact (point fighting) or Light-contact rules, if you want that.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

• 1 month later...

all contact sports have the element of danger to them, like football and hockey, even basketball- people get injured all the time. kickboxing is no different, but id dare to say injuries (of serious kind) arent really common. you might pull something etc, but youre not going to get paralyzed, know what i mean? broken bones are always a possibility, but most people i know havent had that happen. there will however be wear and tear on your body. thing is, really, youre gonna feel a lotta pain from time to time- ever been kicked in the head?

also, tring, learn how to speak in single coherent sentences for us, well respond better to your questions.

a broken arm throws no punches

compared to sports like Hockey, Football, and especially stuff like the "Extreme Sports" Skateboarding and Agressive Inline vs. Amateur Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, etc. is much safer compared to the former.

Edited by xianzhong