• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Workout Myths

Rich_2k3

myth Twelve: Punching hard objects is good for your hands.

It is good in some ways...

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally believe that if you train your hands and knuckles correctly it will be ok for you. Do to a study on the discovery channel, every time the bone receives impact and trauma it rebuilds itself to be more dense and stronger, unless you are one of the individuals that your bones don't heal like that, i have a friend whose bones dont heal and they continue to break in the same spots so she had to get screws and stuff. As for me i have been doing breaking arts for years a long with my instructors with every hard part of our bodies, and we are fine, are bones are even stronger, yet it took lots of training and conditioning of course.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I was jus wondering if anyone has any myths or comments on low carb diet.I know its not good for training but since im off right now would it be a good method?I also heard that the weight you lose on the diet was just water.

I never try anything...I just do it.

wanna try me

Your body NEEDS carbs. However, there are two different kinds. Stick to whole grains, those are the good ones. :)

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

The low carb Atkin's diet is good if you are 1-not active & 2-follow it very strictly.

As for what you lose, I believe its both fat & water weight that's lost. But check out the Atkin's book - It should explain everything clearly enough for you to figure out if you want to & are able to use it or not.

hmm, too much controversy around the whole atkins diet.

i'm not a big fan of how it works...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Do to a study on the discovery channel, every time the bone receives impact and trauma it rebuilds itself to be more dense and stronger

I saw that too, the muscle in ur joints grow stronger and ur bones in your wrists rebuild themselves.

Oh by the way, I would never use the atkins diet, it has some nasty side effects and can cause heart disease. Also some ppl's metabolisms cant take it and u can actually die. Not worth it.

Also u've got to be careful because u can actually start to remove muscle mass, which would be a bit of a nightmare...