• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what are the best stretches?

CTpizzaboy

Ah no, did I neglect to mention that you are laying on your back and your legs are against the wall? . :blush: I see I did.

Oh well what you end up doing is doing the splits while laying on your back. The wall helps keep your legs in position to maintain your form.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Yes, I like that one. That gives it a bit of an isometric resistance in working the stretch. I do something similar in our cooldown in kickboxing. We stradle our legs between 2 wavemasters...we then bend chest to thigh on left/switch to right...then bend at waist, exhale and go down in front...holding this stretch for a bit. I tell the class to relax the legs and imagine them melting into floor. People tend to tense up as they stretch which doesn't allow for muscle fibers to elongate properly.

I have seen a few people do this stretch then roll over in total amazement at how "hard" it was.

Yes I can see how it would be tempting to tense up doing this when unfamiliar to the technique.

It probably doesn't look as silly against wavemasters as it does to find a group of people lined up against a racketball court.