• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many people in the UK do karate?

Practice is the key _

Am just curious I want to walk down the street parks etc feeling safe not hundreads of black belts walking around. Is there around 5 million? or 300 thousands?

I've serch all search engines but non give the answer you guys might be lucky if you have the answers.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I dont know how many exactly is its impossible to tell because alot of clubs are independant, its a very popular sport in the UK (can I call it a sport) but remember its not just Karate. TKD, Judo, Kung fu, Kickboxing, ju jitsu and Muay thai are among the popular ones.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

ooh, there's loads I should imagine. I read once (I can't remember where, sorry) that karate was the most popular MA in the UK and that martial artists account for about 15-20% of the population. That's just a rough guess, I should imagine that it would be very difficult to accuratly record all the martial artists around.

Anyway, what would you class as a 'martial artist'? Would someone who has been training for only, say, a month be counted? I'm sure they'd feel like martial artists! Or would it be restricted to people who had only been training for a certain length of time or who had reached a certain grade?

Why would you feel afraid with so many black belts around, anyway? Most people who are black belts have the common sense of years of training to know to keep clear of fights and not start trouble. Therefore, the more black belts there are around, surely the less danger and trouble there should be??

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I mean, how scared are you of them five year old black belts?

Very scared... of the fact that some poor kid is gonna grow up thinking they're a competent martial artist just because someone decided they could have a black belt at age 5 or 6. I think that a child should be AT LEAST 10 before they're even considered for a black belt.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Very scared... of the fact that some poor kid is gonna grow up thinking they're a competent martial artist just because someone decided they could have a black belt at age 5 or 6. I think that a child should be AT LEAST 10 before they're even considered for a black belt.

You said it all yeah actually 5 years old black belt does not understand alot, a child should atleast be about 9-10 to get a black belt.

I'd agree.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....