99 members have voted

1. 1. What build are you?

• Under weight
    • Regular
    • A little bit extra
    • Over weight
    • Athletic
    • Muscular

I'm 6'0", 170 - 178 lbs (depends on the scale and time of day).

And I'm bulking, so I'm gaining about 1 lb a week.

I would say I'm normal to athletic. I'm not athletic naturally, but I'm starting to get more muscular. I used to weigh 145 - 150 lbs at 6'0", so I'm naturally very skinny.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Asian 5'7, 130 - 140 (depending on my training) Im a hard gainer. My weight is always fluctuating.

Take everything in Moderation, including moderation itself.

Beater: 02 Honda Accord V6 Coupe BPU+ (209.1whp)

Track: 89 Mazda RX-7 TurboII BPU+++ (321 whp)

Ok, I'll be one of the few "overweights" to speak up :wink:

I'm 5'5", and currently weigh 198 lbs. I went from 247 about a year ago, down to about 197, then gained 7 or 8 pounds over the holidays, and have started losing again.

I've got a fairly muscular build, but still am carrying at least 30 extra pounds.

I only started training in martial arts again about 6 months ago (KSW), and so far, my weight hasn't really slowed my progress in learning techniques, forms, etc. I've got decent "natural athletic ability", so I could probably get away with carrying the extra weight for awhile.

However, it definitely affects my endurence and quickness. I can feel the difference as a I lose weight and improve my conditioning, and I can only imagine what the difference will be as I continue to get in better shape while continuing my training.

• 2 months later...

It feels weird trying to describe myself...

I'm muscular, but not muscle-bound.

Before I started Kuk Sool Won two years ago, I used to weight train quite a bit, and it's just stuck with me. I still bench press 3 sets of 10 reps with 325 lbs. 4 days a week on top of my martial arts training.

I'm 6'0", and weigh 220 lbs., but am going to try dropping ~10 lbs. to make it a little easier on my knees when I have to do jump kicks. Sometimes after class I'd have to rub them down with Tiger Balm to keep them from aching. I've been trying to concentrate more on my thighs and hamstrings lately to get them stronger, and to see if that helps with the achy knees. The past two weeks, they've felt pretty good, so I think I'm on the right track.

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean