• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA training on an injurie

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am now LOL. I have a bad knee. But I wear a knee brace and back off when it starts to hurt too much. I normally take it easy on that leg (as far as kicking goes).

I have also trained after I pulled my hamstring. But I modified my training. I did mostly forms and hand technqiues. I didn't spar for a while.

Laurie F

I honestly don't remember the last time I wasn't injured. Currently bad shoulders, herniated disc in my lower back and dodgy knees.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

I've been training with shin splints. They come & go (unfortunately, my left leg have been here a lot more than it's been gone lately, and I think it may be close to a stress facture).

But hey, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye (or an ear or toe)

I'm classified as 44% diusabled due to a chainsaw accident in 1983 to my right hand (I'm right handed of course). The saw severed the ulner and medium (sp?) nerves in the wrist, and basically everything down to the bone. I have use of the hand, but no fine motor skills and little feeling in it.

My left knee still gives me fits from a cheap shot by a student (I wasn't looking) where he kicked me in the knee while I was explaining something to the class. I partially tore the (sp?) anterior crucia ligament and had authroscopic surgury on it to repair it. Usually it feels OK, but now and then.....*sigh*.

Also, I've had lower back problems since junior high, mostly caused by rapid growth when I was young and the fact that I'm 6'6" tall now.

At one point, we had so many people in my dojo with various ailments, we were thinking about calling the school "GimpiKan"! lol

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Bad knees, bad hips, bad back, bad wrists...gotta keep movin' or I'll rust!!! 8)

Sadly, I know exactly what you are saying! :(

Minor injuries (anything you can still train with and not further injure yourself or make it worse) are so common as to not be worth commenting on. Everyone has them and just works through them. :x

More seriouse injuries- yes, I've trained with them. Some you can work around and, if you are careful, do no further harm. But that takes a lot more common sense than most of us have. :D

I've trained with some injuries that I shouldn't have, and allways end up sidelined longer than if I'd just parked my butt and studied. :cry:

Freedom isn't free!