• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boxing punching bag to practice Kick Boxing?

Hello friends, well i want to ask you something.

I practice BJJ, but i have experience in Karate and TKD, i want to begin practice at home some boxing and mix it with kicks, so i can practice my striking, saw today an Everlast Boxing Punching Bag and i was wondering if it would be good to practice kicks with it

:-?

This is the link of the punching bag: http://shop.everlastboxing.com/everlast-youth-heavybag-e4665.html

Thanks.

Valencia - Venezuela.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

one question and that is, what's 25 pounds in kilos?

i only have one real suggestion and that is to get a heavy-ish bag.

personally i prefere to play on a 40kg bag especially with kicks as you really have to get your stance perfect to get a good 'feel'.

also, as you're planning on using it for punches and kicks, you'll need a bag that's at least 5feet for good coverage from shin to chest to head levels.

finally, where do you plan on keeping the bag?

i've got my hook set up outside and on occasion, i leave my bag outside (in the lovely UK rain).

because of this, i was recommended a leather bag that isn't too bothered by the weather (apparently).

(the salesperson warned me about keeping the pvc bags outside but i think he was trying to make more money of me...)

for inside use, the choice of material is up to you.

in any case, have fun!

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

No... dont take that, 25lbs is about 11.34 kilos :D , its to light. Though I dont know about the rope that should be attached to the ground, how much it helps and so on.

I have a 27kilos punching bag, and I can kick on it to.

I would recommend 27kilos or over, and as long as possible...

you would probably want to train on you low kicks to, so I dont think that 24 inches is enough (60 cm).

• 1 month later...

Howzit!

Yup, I agree with the guys. If you want to do some proper power kick training (incl. jumping and spinning kicks), you'd defenately have to look at getting yourself a nice big heavy bag. Also make sure that you have a proper bracket. No use you have a great bag and it rips out of the wall or ceiling after two minutes of training. Rather have too much support than too little.

Have fun!!

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

I think that 25 lbs (around 12 kg) is definitly too small for kickboxing. For kickboxing you need about twice the size. A good thing is also to put sticky tape markers at average belt and neck heigth in order to have a good idea of how high are you kicking.

Enjoy your bag. :karate: