• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beer and Martial arts

Rich_2k3

I go clubbing every fortnight, usually get pretty hammered :D however it doesnt effect my fitness in anyway, I go down the gym often and play lots of sports, obviously I do karate aswell.

:lol: Favorite Drinks, well i'd have to say:

Stella - The drink of Kings!

Fosters - Nothing wrong with a quick aussie beer!

Smeirrnoff Ice - Taste good Ya!

Carling - Best of British.

:evil: Dont Like:

Budweiser - About as strong as water

Guniess - Cold coffee

Double Vodka - Doesnt go well with beer!

Just thought u'd like to know!

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as Delta, I love beer. But all things in moderation. During the work, when I have work, school, and teaching commitments, my alcohol consumption is minimal to moderate. Maybe a glass every other night. During vacation or times when I can relax more, I will drink more because it doesn't interfere with anything.

When I meet with other Instructors after testings, it is really an excuse to drink and talk about Tae Kwon Do and life. Our Grandmaster has thrown us the occasional traditional Korean drinking party. Which is exactly what the name suggests :lol:

I don't follow the line of martial artists not drinking alcohol. To each his own, but I'm not a monk. I know plenty of Instructors who drink.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

Same as Delta, I love beer. But all things in moderation. During the week, when I have work, school, and teaching commitments, my alcohol consumption is minimal to moderate. Maybe a glass every other night. During vacation or times when I can relax more, I will drink more because it doesn't interfere with anything. Not heavily though. What was fun at 22 is a pain at 35!

When I meet with other Instructors after testings, it is really an excuse to drink and talk about Tae Kwon Do and life. Our Grandmaster has thrown us the occasional traditional Korean drinking party. Which is exactly what the name suggests :lol:

I don't follow the line of martial artists not drinking alcohol. To each his own, but I'm not a monk. I know plenty of Instructors who drink.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

I was stationed in Germany for 2 and 1/2 years in the late 80's till just after New Year's of 1990. I LOVE German Beer. Nothing like a fresh Hefe Weizen right out of the tap. Unfortunately it is rather hard to come by decent German brewa here in the States. I made my own for a couple of years but I never drank enough of it to make it worth it. With that said. I drink one or two whenever I feel like drinking. I guess that's not very often since I had approximately 8 beers last year. Also, as MichiganTKD stated earlier, What's fun at 22 is pain at 35. I have had instructors that I've had an occasional beer with. I don't see anything wrong with drinking if it's done in moderation.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.