TKD_McGee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i thought so but it happens when you call other people the wrong name!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Kickchick,

I've seen some posts somewhere about vitamins that are supposed to help with flexabilty. Are you familiar with anything like that?

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

now, I am know I am not Kickchick, but I have not heard of those. If its a vitamin you probably already get some of it in your diet, so I wouldn't worry. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi KSN Doug....sorry just saw this post of yours regarding vitamins for flexibility. No vitamin can magically bring you flexibility..... but glucosamine/chondroitin (supplement)speeds repair of joints and may reduce joint inflammation and damage (which older folks might experience with constant overstretching and overworking of their muscles).

• 1 month later...

Ooops, I just saw that you replied.

Wasn't looking for magic, just thought there might be something that helps with your "cooked noodle" theory. Something that aids in the plyable nature of your muscles, so your stretching is more efficient.

Doesn't sound like there is. :sad:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

ah ha.... funny you should bring this up again because I took my own advice and started taking a glucosamine/chondroitin (supplement) just a 2 weeks ago because I have been noticing some popping in my hip as I was throwing my hook kicks and also after sitting at my desk for a long period, I would get up and I would be sorta all hunched over until I stretched out a bit like a muscle seize up.

Well, I have to tell you this stuff is terrific. It takes 1/2 the time to stretch out in the morning... my muscle flexibility and the range of motion in my joints has improved immensely! Magic? hmmm.... maybe!PM me and i'll give you the web page to look into!

Oh ... and Jack ... this is something that you can't get in your diet... so you need to supplement.

ITF/TKD Black Belt (1st dan)/Fitness Kickboxing Instructor

(KarateForums Sensei)

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-01-17 11:05 ]

On 2002-01-17 11:00, KickChick wrote:

Oh ... and Jack ... this is something that you can't get in your diet... so you need to supplement.

Its as if you've known me all my life :razz:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com