• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SHOULD Christians do MA?

Should Christians do MA  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Should Christians do MA

• Yes, they are great!
    • No, they can be a stumbling block.

I understand that! I used to be one of them... long story, but I give glory to God for changing my heart. I just wasn't following the posts clearly and didn't understand the reference to the "Other camp". It is a shame that their hearts are that hardened. But if anyone can change hearts... keep praying! My students and I will lift you up too.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you PM their affiliation? Are they Southern Baptist, Episcopal, Catholic, Universal Church of Christ? That is what I meant, not the exact name or location. Some churches are very "fringe".

We have a "church" in Topeka, KS that harasses and bashes gays. While I don't agree with homosexuality, I completely disagree with this church and their methods. Fred Phelps is the pastor and the "church" is made up entirely of his family and relatives. He used to be very big in the '90's for publicity. The media pretty much ignores him now.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Well, I can, but if there are any such affiliation on the board, then I will be accused of offense and insult. Which, some here already have done with some things I write.

So, for the sake of being PC and peace, does the affiliation matter?

Again, I am just trying to get a feel for their beliefs. It is not personal for me, because I would just ignore them. But, this is, I presume your business and their behavior could affect you bottom line or quality of instruction you give, not to mention, what is most important to me, how you perceive Christ and His followers. PM me whatever info you think I might find pertinent to your situation, and I will PM you back my advice. We can keep this out of the publics view and hopefully help you out in the process.

Peace is great, but PC be dam ned.

I think I just came up with a bumper sticker slogan. Hmmm......

Ken Chenault

Yeah I agree^^ though Halloween I did all my life as a kid it does have pagan tendacies.

Christmas is fun and great but a lot of times we miss the whole point by focusing more on the tree, Santa, gifts, and other things than Christ's birthday.

But I can go on another thing with all that. Anyway 47Martialman that's cool your a follower of Christ. I have done found two brothers now in Christ on this board. Just keep on keeping on in your school, because when your doing something right Satan will use anyone to get you to stop. If nothing is ever negative then something must be wrong. :karate:

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

Yeah I agree^^ though Halloween I did all my life as a kid it does have pagan tendacies.

Christmas is fun and great but a lot of times we miss the whole point by focusing more on the tree, Santa, gifts, and other things than Christ's birthday.

It's true that society today has warped a lot of the holidays. Halloween had very pagen roots, but that message has been all but lost and now its just about dressing up for the kids. I know there are wackos out there who take it to the extreme with witch craft and such, but for most of us, its just a time for kids to have fun.

Christmas on the other hand, also has very pagen roots. The day it is celebrated, the tree, the yule log, all came from pagen holidays... but at one time God had turned it to his glory and the glory of his Son as a celebration of the birth of our savior. Now that message is getting lost too.

I guess the point I want to make is that these things can have different meanings to different people. Obviously a person who actually tries to cast spells on Halloween because Satan's power is supposed to be the greatest then, is someone who I would not associate with. That day has a much different meaning than that to me. It's about letting my kids dress up, hang out with their friends, and get way to much candy that the dentist will yell ay me about for letting them eat it.

Lots of things can have different meanings to people. We might use a cross to symbolzize our belief in Christ. The Nazis(sp?) used a cross to symbolize Hitler's rule.

An astrologer will look at the stars and try to see someone's future. I look at the stars and it reminds me of how awsome and powerful our creator is.

The most important thing that I have learned is that God sees past all of that to our hearts. He see past all of our sins when we have Christ within us, so he can certainly see past a silly Yin/yang symbol on a school logo...

A much longer post than I intended.... sorry, I'll stop preaching now. :)

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

:o Gays use purple, the color Christ wore on the cross as "their" color.

:o Some groups burn crosses.

:o The "wedding party" originated from way back when people believed demons would come to steal the bride away from her true love...the maids were there to confuse the demons and hopefully they would carry away the wrong virgin...

:o Wedding bouquets used to be stinky weeds and ugly things to keep demons away...

We're not going to stop using these Christian symbols simply becuase people started using them from bad, nor are we going to change the wedding traditions as we know them simply because they originated to keep demons away...

Same difference...We don't need to let everything be off limits for us just because of where they came from (I've been discussing the yin-yang with several people lately...my theory is what's to say we can't take something with questionable roots and turn around and use it for good...if we're getting terribly technical about it, yin-yang is simply a map of the universe made way back when by chinese astronomists (is that a word? ;) )...

I celebrate Halloween and have no qualms about it....I know what I believe and I'll happily share it with anyone who asks...(oh, and they do... :roll: )

https://www.karatebarn.com

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." Phil. 4:13

:o Gays use purple, the color Christ wore on the cross as "their" color.

I don't know about the color purple, but they have co-opted the rainbow. This was a symbol between God and man and the entire Earth that he would never again destroy the world through water.

Ken Chenault