• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SHOULD Christians do MA?

Should Christians do MA  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Should Christians do MA

• Yes, they are great!
    • No, they can be a stumbling block.

Taking away my "Administrator" title will not keep me quiet! :D I will support free speech either way.

I'm not surprised you support Bush, and that is your right. However, I fail to see where I used inflammatory language. Guess my standards are different.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you may not think your wording is inflammatory, but others may take it that way. Just a cautionary statement my non-believing friend.

Long Live Free Speech! (for both sides of an issue).

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

My suggestion is that others get a thicker skin. If Christianity is as string as you believe, then it can withstand a little criticism. I do not mock religion, only stupidity. And I point out problems as I see them. If someone says I'm wrong or challenges me on an issue, unlike some people, I can handle it. My skin is pretty thick. :D

My opinion-Welcome to it.

I'm not talking about Christians, man! I'm talking about the moderators on this board. Get a clue, please. They have closed threads for less than what you and I have done. That is the point I was trying to make. You are entitled to have your opinion, fine, good for you. Let's move on already.

This is what this board prides itself on. Everyone must be nice to everyone else.....Next!

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Thanks for working that one out in a respectful manner guys. We try not to be too quick to pull the trigger. :lol: But we'll be watching. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

• 1 month later...

1) Is it prohibited directly in the new testament?

2) Does it interfere with your personal walk with Christ?

3) Is it interfering with another Christians walk with Christ?

If the answer to all three of those is "no", then, according to 1Corinthians, it is permissible.

Therefore, I have no problem with participating in my school. I have heard of schools that set up a Buddhist shrine and bow to that. I would not participate in that school; I would politely leave and learn elsewhere.

• 4 months later...

I actually teach Keichu-do, which is a Christian martial arts system. Most martial arts subscribe to more eastern philosophies on religion. Some try not to discuss religion at all. The problem there is that Spiritual Neutral ALWAYS becomes Spiritual Hostile. Same goes for most things that you take a neutral stance on, I.E. values, etc. Our philosophy is that while we build you mentally and physically, we also need to build up your spiritual foundation.

IMHO a stumbling block is what you as a person see as an obstacle in your relationship with God, so anything, including church, can be a stumbling block, many people see church as a way to show their devotion to god, when in reality it has little meaning. Attending church is just a way to assemble with like minded people, it has nothing to do with your personal relationship with God. Therefore, if you dont place martial arts above God, there is no reason to belive that christians shouldn't practice martial arts.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!