• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training

xara.nh

hi..i just reccently started doing karate and i love it but i can really notice how much weaker my left side is than my right i always work out twice more on the left than right but i'm still not as strong...has any one got any tips!! sorry its a pretty dumb question!

xarahiggs

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
It’s not a dumb question, as you continue to work out your sides will even out, so don’t worry about it, and do the same exercise on both sides, don’t try to overcompensate for one side or they will end up uneven again.

"Follow not in the footsteps of the masters, but rather seek what they sought."

perfectly normal question, in fact, everyone has that tendency just some more than others. I happen to be right-sided too, so all my kicks, punches, etc. are all better on my right. I gotta tell ya, unless you have something happen where you are debilitated on your right side, your left side is very very unlikely to ever be equal. Its almost impossible unless you consciously balance every single movement you make with your right side with your left side (i.e. writing, walking heavier on one side, etc.) The best thing you can do is keep on exactly working out the way you are, double train your left side and you'll be a fairly balanced fighter.