• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i'm talking about correct as in 'obeying' the 8 major principles.

my last post was the brief summisation of another longish conversation.

the main points were as follows.

tai chi movements follow 8 principles.

each must be satisfied in order to do the movement correctly.

when you begin, you must do slowly or else run the risk of not adhereing to the principles.

when you progress, you can go faster.

i should point out that the last conversation was to point out that if the person teaching tai chi says that it is done slow for relaxation, calm, zen, cultivating or whatever nonsense, then he probably does not know what he is talking about.

so once again, you do tai chi slowly in order do each movement correctly.

am i wrong?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, you know what i mean....

tai chi isn't something you do to relax you.

you have to be relaxed to do tai chi.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 2 weeks later...

Tai chi is just a form of exercise that is performed very slowly. But it holds many martial arts techniques.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

I'm glad to see that my old thread about tai chi is still on. By the way I'm doing Tai chi since January and I think is a good exercise, as martial art I think it needs quite long time to learn effectively but still is fun and in the long term it is quite effective.

Tai chi is just a form of exercise that is performed very slowly. But it holds many martial arts techniques

No it is a full featured martial arts with strikes, throws and locks (both standing and on the ground), it has also weapon training (usually staff sword and sabre).