Top 5 Combative Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would place boxing and kickboxing pretty high on that list, I wouldnt really consider any other arts as FIGHTING arts. I guess if you could consider k1 an art, then it would probably be the ultimate fighting art, since its got alot combined.

I think boxing is the best street fighting art, one on one atleast.

But you would have to specify what kind of fighting art your looking for, since boxing is good one on one while another is especially for taking down several opponnents.

Now, what a good fighting art should have is simply alot of sparring, nothing is better for a fight then practise.

with "fighting art" i meant an art, that serves all purposes that may be needed when it comes to whatever fight. real life fights, not tournaments. thats why i think the complete fightings systems (maybe "art" was misleading) are best to fit that purpose.

Kung Fu Sansoo, Budo Taijutsu, Daito Ryu Aikijutsu,

Krav Maga, Arnis. Not in any particular order.

I named these because I feel they are well rounded to almost any situation and environment. They also have weapons training which to me constitutes a complete Combat MA.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

All sports bro, lack weapons training and don't account for changes in environment.

All sports bro, lack weapons training and don't account for changes in environment.

I agree but you also have to take into account that 99% of the people at those schools could hold their own or more against most people.

Yeah, if your endurance and evasion skills are good. But that can go for any Martial Artist that trains hard and is in good physical condition. Still weapons training is a crucial part of MA training. Dodging or blocking kicks is much different than evading a knife attack. So it really depends on the training methods. If you are training for the ring you will probably destroy most people hand to hand, but if a weapon (not a gun of course) is around it's all up in the air. Prize fighters are usually not concerned with weapons techniques, they are train to win fights. Don't get me wrong I really respect what these guys can do, but you can usually tell who these guys are. If you see these guys on the street you can usually spot them pretty easily, don't mess with them. Now the real dangerous guys are the ones that look like they can't do much, but can. :)