• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dont laugh - Taebo

Blue

Ok everyone,

Has anyone ever tried the Taebo workouts ? Shame on me, but i haven't been to TKD for a while, but i thought since a friend tried this and gave it up that i might check out the tapes and give it a whirl. From what i remember seeing on TV it really does look like a good workout ?

Thoughts ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, I've used a few of them... they're good cardio workouts, and a lot of the exercises use the same muscles etc as you'd use in kickboxing or similar styles.

The techniques are adapted to make them safer for exercise, which reduces their combat viability. BUT it doesn't claim to be a fighting art, it's a workout - so that's not really a problem. I think Tae Bo is a useful tool for helping get into shape or stay in shape when you're away from your training hall for a while.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

Borrowed my sisters Taebo tapes and have pronounced the workout a winner. I was actually impressed :lol: The tapes begin with instructional type stuff, punches, hook, cross, jab - kicks front, back, side, round and it just goes from there. Very much like warm up and the beginning of TKD class - i think TKD was a bit harder but this was a very effective workout. I can see why lots of people have good things to say about it.