• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WORST INJURIES EVER! we want to know!

Rich_2k3

Martial arts injuries: broken thumb, broken foot, torn hamstring, head injury, arthritis requiring surgery to fuse collapsing bone.

Other: subluxation of thoracic vertebra/herniation of lumbar discs in a snowboarding "incident" (in the half pipe baby!!) which still gives me problems but the way I see it is... pain is relative to how much fun you want to have!! :brow:

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other: subluxation of thoracic vertebra/herniation of lumbar discs in a snowboarding "incident" (in the half pipe baby!!) which still gives me problems but the way I see it is... pain is relative to how much fun you want to have!! :brow: 8)

I am glad someone else said that.

the way I see it is... pain is relative to how much fun you want to have!!

Smart gal! 'Bout says it right!

MA related: hamstring torn from knee to butt, loose teeth (once right after spending the better part of the afternoon in the dentist chair), knocked out and posssible concussion. Most of the rest were minor cuts, bruises, scrapes, jams, hyperextensions, ...

Freedom isn't free!

I got thrown about 4 months ago and I can't remember what happened exactly, but my foot was planted on the ground while the rest of me wen the other way.. I heard this loud CRACK from my knee then I was in hella-serious pain.. I hobbled off to the side for a couple of minutes then ended up back sparring on one foot... dunno what went crack but the physio said I'd be ok..

.. other than that just 2 sprained thumbs.

collar bone snapped in two places from flipping my bmx mid air about 8 years ago

wrist from losing control of my skateboard downhill about 6 years ago

chipped my kneecap doing hi jump in athletics about 10 years ago.

Martial arts injuries: jarred finger - incorrectly blocking a king geri (kin geri? or king geri?), tendons in my left foot all bruised from roundkicking an elbow. I got kicked in the knee that i had chipped - nothing happened though (was all psychological), I thought it was all over and dropped to the ground but quickly got up again after realizing i wasn't injured at all.

I was kicked in the jaw by a front kick when I was coming in to nail the guy in a tournament...snapped my neck back.

I was paralyzed for 3 months from the hips down. Later I walked on a cane...and at times I still do.

I'm hoping for a full recovery soon.

-Kai

"One must train the mind before the body...for the mind controls the body..."

I rolled my ankle a little last Saturday then on Monday I fractured my big toe on the same foot. I have a demo this Friday too, so I hope I'm better then. I already took out the aerial moves out of my demo in fear of a rough landing making my foot worse.

A broken finger, my own stupid fault. Blocking a front kick with an open hand. Worse thing is that I was three weeks out from a tournament and I could not compete in the kumite, in which I perform better than kata. The State Championships and I had to watch from the sidelines. What a cold, cruel way to learn a lesson. :bawling:

A girl at my school broke her ankle on Tuesday. We haven't had a major injury like that in years. Usually people would get a twisted or sprained ankle at the most and even that isn't often.

Okay it's not my injury, but I felt bad for her. I've broken my ankle before and it sucks.