• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WORST INJURIES EVER! we want to know!

Rich_2k3

What are your worst injuries you've ever faced in the dojo, tournement or whatever, or have u seen any nasty injuires take place, also how did u deal with them...

p.s (theres no harm in being graphic :D )

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lucky and have never really been very hurt in my years of training, just broken fingers and toes - way too many of those. I always seem to get injured in BJJ comps - once I had my neck cranked pretty bad, and one I was strangled and had a swollen gland for weeks. I've hyperextended my joints and such, and gotten 2 black eyes and a lot of lil injuries. Yeah I know, I'm boring.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Nothing too terrible, I've been really blessed!

Right now my nose is broken -- that happened last Thursday (30 Oct) sparring --- I was winning too :karate: ! Anyway I caught the guy with a reverse punch and BAM --- reverse punch right in the face! Its a small fracture and seems to be lined up properly...not disfigured or anything --- the doctor says he doesn't think he'll need to set it and it should heal on its own in 6 weeks.

Other than that just pulls and bruises thats about the only serious dojo injury that sent me to a hospital.

KarateForums.com Sempai

Nothing too terrible, I've been really blessed!

Right now my nose is broken -- that happened last Thursday (30 Oct) sparring --- I was winning too :karate: ! Anyway I caught the guy with a reverse punch and BAM --- reverse punch right in the face! Its a small fracture and seems to be lined up properly...not disfigured or anything --- the doctor says he doesn't think he'll need to set it and it should heal on its own in 6 weeks.

Other than that just pulls and bruises thats about the only serious dojo injury that sent me to a hospital.

Broken nose in sparring??

AT my school we have a hell of alot of black belts, but I;ve never seen a scratch on any of them.

Much less from sparring

War and anger shall reign

The clash of iron can be heard

By blindness you're driven insane

I'm lost in anguish and grief

We had a guy snap his achilles tendon. actually I've heard of it happening a couple times the tendon just gets weak. I've taken a couple shots to the thigh and gotten a good bruise that kept me from bending my leg for a good month.

If you can get all the way to Black Belt and not have a scratch on you then you are damn good or are doing some really lame point sparring stuff.

I get one pretty good briuse, at least, once a month. Like three60roundhouse said, it's usually from grappling.

Anyways, I've had two broken fingers, two broken toes, I pulled my hammy 4 times. Once on the right, three on the left. My left knee is week now because of it. I hurt my right knee by hyper extending (sp?) it.

But that is the worst of them. I just have to be careful how I land when doing jump kicks, and I ware a knee support when doing throws or grappling.

Laurie F