• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Stop jogging and take up sprinting. Jogging only increases your ratio of slow twitch muscle fibres. It is not beneficial for martial arts. It is not conducive to throwing fast kicks. It will increase your cardiovascular endurance and kill your anaerobic (explosive) endurance.

Also, cardiologists state that aerobic athletes (middle distance runners, marathon runners) have weaker heart musculature than anaerobic athletes (sprinters).

Your choice, but I say speed up and go shorter distances for more benefits. Intensity favours you in the long run (no pun intended)

• 2 weeks later...

I run as a practical matter. Waiting for the bus coming in 15 minutes to take you two miles? Run and be there before the bus.

On the sidewalk leading to your house? Run to the front door?

Walking three blocks to the video store? Run.

This requires remarkably little disclipline and can lay the groundwork for a more rigourous program. The secret of running is that once you are at a certain level, it becomes subjectively easier to sustain long rungs.

Well, I was basically pretty lazy - I've been training about 5 days a week and using a stationary bike the other two, so I just couldn't really find the time to run. Well, yesterday morning, Thanksgiving morning, my parents talked me into running a local 5k race - I did it in about 32 minutes, so a few seconds over 10 minutes per milke...I ran the first two without stopping and a walked about a quarter of the last mile. I don't think this is too bad - but it was FUN! I wasn't expecting that. Maybe I'll start running once or twice a week!

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Congratulations on your "Turkey Trot" 5K. :cowboy: That's impressive for someone who didn't really train. Come on, you know you can find some time..... :nod:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I bought one of those "Run with the Army" cadence tapes. It sounds weird, but it really helps with setting a pace and the words help to distract you from any discomfort you are dealing with!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

• 3 weeks later...

A few tips:

Warm up specially in cold weather.

Run laying your foot flat on the ground.

Change your pace frequently(good for the martial artists)

Breathe with your upper chest(if abdominal is useful let me know someone)

Peace = happiness = enlightenment = meditation

Paz = felicidad = iluminación =meditación

Kingdom´s Coming