• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Quitter

newbalance

Yea, the sign at the dojang says we are not supposed to quit, but i will not be continuing my martial arts after this one year contract is through. its murder on my knees. i dont think the instructors are the best either. i dont like painful knees. i really really dont. especially being 6'3", i have lankey legs. im tempted to just quit now. go back to boxing, something i enjoy. o well. i did sign up a year. whatever.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tae Kwon Do is bad for the knees. Plus, if you don't enjoy it, then why do it? Why did you sign up for a year if you didn't enjoy it?

You should try these things before signing up, but you know, some things seem like a good idea at the time. Contracts are not common place in England, atleast not my neck of the woods. So not something I am familiar with.

If you are struggling with your knees do not continue to train. If you feel you wasted a shed load of money in signing up just put it down to experience.

Yeah you could go back to boxing, if you enjoy it then why the hell not? You could also give another ma a go. There are so many (although how many in your area I do not know) to choose from, karate, judo, kung-fu, jujitsu, sambo, kickboxing, etc, etc.

Don't let a bad experience put you off.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

yeah, the world is full of interesting styles. you could well benefit from your boxing skills in orther arts. as far as i'm concerned, Krav Maga and Savate blows are almosts identical to western boxing. but if boxing is what you like and you found a good club then stick with it.

If you talk to your instructor, explain that the training is too much for your knees and that you fear long term damage, you may well find that he/she is perfectly reasonable about it without going all legal on you. If that doesn't go well, your contract may have language in it that gives you a way out in case of an injury. I've only seen one of these contracts, but it had such a section, it got very specific as to what "injury" means and there were lots of restrictions but it's certainly worth checking to see if there's something you can use.

i think ill be chalking it up to experience. things like this happen. o well. until i find an affordable boxing gym, ill be hanging out next door hitting the bag.

nice chatting with you all. good luck in your training

Cut your losses. You don't want any long term problems with your knees.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

Tae Kwon Do is bad for the knees. Plus, if you don't enjoy it, then why do it? Why did you sign up for a year if you didn't enjoy it?

I enjoyed it at first, and still do the stretching part every day on my own. I love pushups and cardio training, and punching bags. Thought the legs could handle the kicking, but after 12 years of soccer, my legs can run, and thats about all they can do. My hips cant handle right round house kicks, my hips cant handle inside out kicks, my hips cant handle side kicks, and my knees hate round house and front kicks. i signed up for a year because that was cheapest, and i loved it at first.

If you talk to your instructor, explain that the training is too much for your knees and that you fear long term damage, you may well find that he/she is perfectly reasonable about it without going all legal on you.

Ill check that out today, and will let you know. Im interested myself to see what happens.