• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help! I Need a Gi

I think that being a white belt was more for effect :) She wasn't necessarily a the speaker, or she was recounting a story Mr.Italian

If she wanted to write a piece of literature for me is fine, I liked it, but then another question arises: is "my journey in the dojo" a real story or it was a piece of literature?

My Journey In the Dojo is very real. I wrote this thinking about all the threads about gi's that have appeared here.

Thanks for the answers :nod:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! You made me read it again!

dang subliminal messages... :evil:

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Bah! You made me read it again!

dang subliminal messages... :evil:

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again read it again

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I wear Heavy weight only.

Though I recently got my hands or should i say legs into a pair of Med weight brushed cotton.

A change from my usual canvas gi and I am really liking the brushed cotton.

And yeah, my first gi was heavy weight.

As for draw string, I only choose draw string, elastic just seems so weird.

Can't put my finger on it, but there is just something about a traditional Gi.

Buying a light weight is just a waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...

My first gi was a size 3 medium weight back in '79.... Now with age and experience I feel the heavier the better. (I've had a few gi's that were so stiff they could stand up on their own and a couple that could probably do kata by themselves :P )...

On a sadder note, the last gi I bought was a size 6... I've decided to put myself out to pasture if I have to go to a size seven... :karate:

Ben Kendrick

"The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle..."

The official Brand used in Kyokushin is ISAMI. The website is

https://www.isami.co.jp

Most of the gi worn by black belts that we see competing in Kyokushin tournaments wear ISAMI. They are recognizable with the blue Kyokushin kanji embroidered on the left breast and the tags on the lower lapel say "Karate Kyokushinkai" and the Kanku. The common model is K-700.

ISAMI manufactures this gi without the Kyokushin marks because a lot of styles use ISAMI as well. eg Seidokaikan, Shidokan, Enshin, Ashihara...

The gi is very heavy and very sweat absorbent. It is also very tough. The standard model is K-450 (same as K-700 but without the Kyokushin marks), which is the typical full-contact heavyweight gi used by most black belts of many styles.

If you are looking for what in the opinion of many is the best gi on the planet, then get ISAMI K-700 and if you want you can have them embroider your style and put your style's custom tag on the bottom of the lapel.

Shotokan guys like Tokaido, Goju guys like shureido. If you are a karateka who already has these and looking for a new gi, try out an ISAMI K-450.

ISAMI also makes other models of different weights, all depends on what you are looking for.

• 5 months later...