• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring against of martial art styles

:karate:

I have sparred against Tae kwon do martial artists of my own experience many times and I have anihilated them most of the time ... this hopping around marlarchy gets you nailed, also distance is a problem you dont like being close or punching but still when you get it wright WOW, by the way I`m only a first dan in shotokan.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You showed them Hoss. :grin:

I think that it depends on the person and how dedicated they are to their skill. TKD hardly punches at all, thats because you want to keep them away from you with the special kicks. That dosent mean that everyone that practices TKD will just sit there and take your punches tho... heh!

Do unto others, as they done to you.

I must say as a TKD guy...I know the pains and sufferings of sparring the "TKD" way...I never was taught the hopping around...But, I can say that the first time I sparred an Okinawan stylist...I FOUND OUT WHY GROIN KICKS ARE REALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST A HIGH ROUNDHOUSE! HA HA

I think we can all learn from sparring others. Each style has their own characteristics. I think that I am successful because I will spar with anyone! I LOVE IT! HA HA :grin:

Second Degree Black Belt

Member: Kokon Ryu Bujutsu Renmei,

Valadez Kenpo Association *Illinois State Representative*, Universal Taekwondo Association, Martial Arts Weapons Association, International Sung-ja do Association.

[ This Message was edited by: onesimusTKD on 2002-02-04 06:15 ]

Second Degree Black Belt

Member: Kokon Ryu Bujutsu Renmei,

Valadez Kenpo Association *Illinois State Representative*, Universal Taekwondo Association, Martial Arts Weapons Association, International Sung-ja do Association.

• 3 weeks later...