• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why do we strive so hard to do the splits?

SaiFightsMS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Wouldn't dynamic stretching be able to deal with that, though Bon?

Sai I don't strive for the splits. I do dynamic stretching for the head height kicks, and isometric simply to keep supple and remove lactic acid :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I think I originally started to work on increasing leg flexibility to offset my lack of shoulder flexiblity. And I admit it was kind of a head trip when I first attained full splits. Also it was a quick way to get the respect of the younger students as I was warming up.

well I few reason maybe you set a goal to do the splits or even maybe you want to do it so you can kick higher with out trouble (like someone said)

also so that you look better when in class that you can do the splits so people can learn from you how you got to do it :grin:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

The Splits are the pinnacle of Martial Arts. If you can do the splits anything is possible. You can do flips easier, you can high a lot higher, and you wont get hurt as easily.

Go to your bookstore look at the martial arts section. Many books have lengthy articles about the usefulness of the Splits and Flexibility.

Do unto others, as they done to you.