Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new twist in the tragic death of Adam Johnson. The England authorities have arrested a suspect, presumably Matt Petgrave, on manslaughter chargers. Petgrave was the other player in the collision with Johnson.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
There is a new twist in the tragic death of Adam Johnson. The England authorities have arrested a suspect, presumably Matt Petgrave, on manslaughter chargers. Petgrave was the other player in the collision with Johnson.

I hadn't heard about this until now. Very sad!! Condolences to Adam's family and friends. RIP Adam!!

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination or are we seeing more fights in the early part of this season than we have seen in many years?

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a dreadful start the Minnesota Wild have fired their head coach Dean Evason. Minnesota is on a seven-game losing streak and has struggled defensively. The Wild are currently 5-10-4 with the third lowest point total in the NHL. Only Chicago and San Jose are worse. Former Nashville coach John Hynes is in for Evason. Hynes first chance to get a win with Minnesota will be Tuesday night when the Wild host the Blues.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas Golden Knights lost to the Flames in OT 1-2. Knights hold first place in the Pacific Division with a record of 14-5-3 with just a 1 game over the 2nd place Kings.

Knights travel way up north to take on the 7th place 7-12-1 Oilers tonight. Knights won't be returning to their own ice until December 2nd when they face the 4th place Metropolitan Division Capitals with a record of 10-6-2.

GO KNIGHTS!!

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Vegas Golden Knights lost to the Flames in OT 1-2. Knights hold first place in the Pacific Division with a record of 14-5-3 with just a 1 game over the 2nd place Kings.

Knights travel way up north to take on the 7th place 7-12-1 Oilers tonight. Knights won't be returning to their own ice until December 2nd when they face the 4th place Metropolitan Division Capitals with a record of 10-6-2.

GO KNIGHTS!!

Could be an interesting game tonight, the Oilers were terrible to start but have been better of late and McDavid is looking healthy again. A poor defensive team like Edmonton might be exactly what Vegas needs to break out of this offensive slump.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota's new coach gets a win in his debut, Wild beat the Blues 3-1.

There was a crazy game on Monday between Florida and Ottawa. There were fights and scrums and finally in the third period the ref ejected every player on the ice after a brawl broke out. I don't think I have ever seen a game where every player on the ice was ejected. No surprise that the Tkachuk brothers would be in the middle of chaos. Anyway, crazy game. Panthers won it 5-0.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Barron of the Jets celebrated his 25th birthday by scoring the game winning goal against the Blackhawks over the weekend.

Minnesota is undefeated under their new head coach.

The Oilers look to be on the rebound and the Ducks are falling apart.

The Rangers might be the best team in the NHL right now as they are

Capitals had found ways to win despite not playing well and now they are losing, lost 6-0 to Arizona yesterday. Zona is on a five-game winning streak with all five wins being against the last five Stanely Cup winners! Wild stat there.

Alex Ovechkin has been struggling to score this season, no goals in seven games and only five on the year, putting him on pace for 20 goals this season. He was on pace to break Wayne's goals record next season but if his pace does not speed up it won't be until the following year, when he is 40. What looked like an inevitable event when the season started now has some question marks of Alex will get there. I think he will, but it will take longer than expected.

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the Blues beat the Knights this past Monday. It was a great game on both sides, with Jordan Binnington standing on his head to keep the Knights to a single goal. Tonight they have a rematch in St Louis -- let's see if the Blues can win this one as well.
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Barron, a fourth liner for the Jets who is not known to be a goal scorer, now has five goals this season, which is exactly the amount of goal Alex Ovechkin has this year. Not sure why Ovi is struggling to put it in the net (other than the Caps ineffective power play) and I keep waiting for him to break out of this slump and explode but so far it has not happened. In fact he has been stuck on five for a while, not scoring since November 18, going back ten games. He is on pace for under 20 goals this season after putting in 50 and 42 the last two years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 9 of 21
Jump to: