Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I don't think that the Knights are out of their slump yet with their 2 recent wins. They're still in 4th place, and they better win a bunch of games if they want to get back to the promise land of the Stanley Cup with only 19 games left in the regular season. Knights remaining schedule looks promising, but the Knights will face a lot of teams that can play the role of spoilers and dash many a team's hopes and dreams.

GO KNIGHTS!!

The game on Monday in St. Louis is a big one, then they play in Minnesota on Saturday. Important week for Vegas, a real opportunity to increase separation from teams chasing them.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
I don't think that the Knights are out of their slump yet with their 2 recent wins. They're still in 4th place, and they better win a bunch of games if they want to get back to the promise land of the Stanley Cup with only 19 games left in the regular season. Knights remaining schedule looks promising, but the Knights will face a lot of teams that can play the role of spoilers and dash many a team's hopes and dreams.

GO KNIGHTS!!

The game on Monday in St. Louis is a big one, then they play in Minnesota on Saturday. Important week for Vegas, a real opportunity to increase separation from teams chasing them.

Great points!! Got my fingers crossed that the Knights continue to win whenever they meet on the ice against the two teams you've mentioned.

GO KNIGHTS!!

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

GO KNIGHTS!!

Sorry guys. I'm thinking the Knights are going to be on the outside looking in when the playoffs start, because my Blues are going to pull things together and get that last wildcard spot.

LET'S GO BLUES!!!
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Rangers have clinched a playoff spot.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota won but so did Vegas so the Wild did not gain any ground. Minnesota needs to gain two points on Vegas when they play Saturday.

Boston, Florida, and Carolina are now in the playoffs. No teams in the west have clinched yet.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only 15 games remaining for the regular season, the doors closing very fast on the Knights chance for post season fights on the ice for the defending Stanley Cup Champions. I hoped, but I knew that a back-to-back Championship would be very difficult feat.

While post-season seems far-fetched, the doors haven't closed all of the way yet for the Knights. The Knights COULD end up in the Wild Card or end up in 3rd place on the Pacific.

Don’t look now, but the Golden Knights are currently just three points clear of the Minnesota Wild for the second and final wild card spot. They face each other on the ice tomorrow.

Home ice, should the Knights squeeze into the playoffs, will not be a possibility for the Knights. The Knights need to be concerned with their play on wherever the ice might be.

GO KNIGHTS!!

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota pulled the goaltender in overtime again and this time it did not work as Vegas scored an empty net goal to win 2-1. Because Minnesota pulled the goalie in OT and lost, they forfeit the overtime point, so they get zero standing points for this game. It pretty much puts a fork in the Wild for this season. They have less than a 2 percent chance of making the playoffs now.

I do think it is the correct call to pull the goalie. One point does not help Minnesota enough to count, they needed two, so the risk is worth it. It worked against Nashville, did not work today.

Dallas has clinched a playoff spot, the first team in the West to do so this year.

It is going to be exciting down the stretch as the playoffs are only three weeks away!

Edit: Colorado and Vancouver are now also in the playoffs, and Austin Matthews scored his 60th goal of the season, making it the second time in three years he has reached 60.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knights crush the 1st place Canucks 6-3 for the Knights 3 straight win.

Knights scored 4 times in the first quarter and 1 for each remaining quarters.

With only 14 games remaining for the regular season, the Knights have moved up to 3rd place in the Pacific. The Canucks win was sorely needed and surprised many, I'm sure, I was one of them. Just being real.

Look at the Stars with 7-win streak. Friday the Knights play on 7th place on the Central Coyote. Then the Knights rehash on Canucks ice on April 8th. And if the pressure for the Knights wasn't enough, the Knights travel to the 2nd place ice in the Pacific, the Oilers on April 10th.

Hopefully, after the Canucks and Oilers chew on the Knights next week, and the dust settles down, the Knights can add 2 more wins or the Knights don't slip back into 4th place.

Knights need to play like their life's depend on it against the Canucks and Oilers!!

GO KNIGHTS!!

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Blues are being danged inconsistent when they need to be playing lights-out for their season. Case in point: last Saturday they play the Sharks, who have been losing left and right -- and get shut out 4-0. They get booed off the ice. Come back 2 nights later and beat the red-hot Oilers in overtime. They're now only 3 points out of a playoff spot... so let's see if they can finish the season strong and make the playoffs.
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota lost 5-2 to Colorado tonight. I don't know if the Wild are mathematically eliminated yet, but they are eliminated.

The Penguins are having a late season surge and beat Washington tonight, Penguins now could slide into the playoffs, only two points out of the eight seed. Capitals are in a late season tailspin having lost four in a row.

Winnipeg Jets have clinched a playoff spot, so four teams in the east and four in the west are in, with four teams in the east and four teams in the west still to be decided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18
Jump to: