Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject: PS5 Reply with quote

My wife tracked down a PS5 for my birthday. If you have one, what are your favorite games? I skew toward multiplayer and things I can play with my brother and/or friends, but don't let that stop you from recommending other stuff so that this thread is worthwhile for more than just me. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky! I've been on the look-out for one. I really want to play the new God of War game.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I managed to get one a while ago and it is a night and day improvement.

Games wise i never used to be really into 3rd person action adventure games but there are a few really good ones : Horizon Forbidden West was fantastic as was Miles Morales. If you haven't played Ghost of Tsushima i would heartily recommend that too!

Currently i am playing Elden Ring which is good though frustrating. Does have an unusual multiplayer mechanic though which you might enjoy.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a very nice birthday present, Patrick.

If I had a PS5. I'd want any and every first-person shooter game, like any of the Call of Duty series, and of all...Metal Gear Solid. Bad thing is that I'm brainwashed into thinking XBox or nothing...what do I know?!?

Here's a link to the top 10 PS5 games...hehehe...Metal Solid Gear made the list...I just love that...

https://insiderpaper.com/top-10-best-ps5-games-list/#:~:text=Here%E2%80%99s%20The%20List%20Of%20The%20Top%2010%20Best,Duty%3A%20Black%20Ops%20Cold%20War%20...%20More%20items

Enjoy!!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:

If I had a PS5. I'd want any and every first-person shooter game, like any of the Call of Duty series, and of all...Metal Gear Solid. Bad thing is that I'm brainwashed into thinking XBox or nothing...what do I know?!?

Here's a link to the top 10 PS5 games...hehehe...Metal Solid Gear made the list...I just love that...

https://insiderpaper.com/top-10-best-ps5-games-list/#:~:text=Here%E2%80%99s%20The%20List%20Of%20The%20Top%2010%20Best,Duty%3A%20Black%20Ops%20Cold%20War%20...%20More%20items

Enjoy!!

Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain was a great game! I played that loads on my PS4. Would be great if they released a native PS5 version : Kojima is a genius at taking advantage of a systems capabilities.

Have you been an Xbox gamer for long? This is the first generation where i almost switched. Game Pass is very tempting. Am considering getting my boy a Series S as a way of 'dipping a toe' into the Xbox world

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Enjoy!!

Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain was a great game! I played that loads on my PS4. Would be great if they released a native PS5 version : Kojima is a genius at taking advantage of a systems capabilities.

Have you been an Xbox gamer for long? This is the first generation where i almost switched. Game Pass is very tempting. Am considering getting my boy a Series S as a way of 'dipping a toe' into the Xbox world

Quite a long time. Ever since I got my first XBox for Christmas; wanting the newer PS was far too expensive for my taste, so, I'm a XBoxer.

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Elden Ring and GT7.
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the recommendations! I was eyeing Elden Ring during the Black Friday sales. Does anyone play it multiplayer or co-op? Just curious how that stands up because it sounded like people could only sort of drop-in and drop-out of your world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Thank you for the recommendations! I was eyeing Elden Ring during the Black Friday sales. Does anyone play it multiplayer or co-op? Just curious how that stands up because it sounded like people could only sort of drop-in and drop-out of your world.

I've heard of people playing it co-op (and seen videos too) but not sure if it is a hassle or not. Probably worth a google tbh

For myself it seems a bit more of a single player game due to the story etc, though it is really good. Co-op can help you get past a really tough boss i think, but depends if you are wanting a mega challenge or not

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elden ring can be played co-op, but it's only within the specific zones. Otherwise, you can be invaded, but that's only if you're already playing co-op. Co-op also isn't default. You have to touch summon signs to bring people into your world.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: