Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo & Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Is karatesupply.com a scam? Reply with quote

Hi all. I have a problem.

I ordered a new belt with custom embroidery on May 24th. I paid an additional $10 for faster shipping as I had an event coming up. I "should" have gotten the belt by easily the end of May, and it's June 2nd now.

I've called the company 3 times, but nobody answers. I get a message that says "Nobody's available to take your call now, please leave a message and we'll call you back". No call back yet.

I've also left a message on their "Contact us" page of their website. Again, 3 times. And again, no response yet.

Generally they have good reviews that I've found, but you sure can't tell from my experience with them. My bank says the funds have been taken out for the belt ($55)

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, FINALLY got a response. The belt ships out next Monday.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an idea situation from a business whatsoever. Your persistent paid off but only if the belt actually shows up on your front door porch. Me myself, good reviews about this business or not, I'd cast them to the curb and not do any further business with them anymore; just too many red flags.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely! Hopefully it arrives but i appreciate your taking the time to post here - it is really helpful to know companies that can be poor to deal with. I know i take a quick look before i order anything myself - will add them to my personal unlikely to use list!

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Not an idea situation from a business whatsoever. Your persistent paid off but only if the belt actually shows up on your front door porch. Me myself, good reviews about this business or not, I'd cast them to the curb and not do any further business with them anymore; just too many red flags.

Agreed. I got a tracking number today, so apparently it's on it's way. It was a waste of $10 doing faster shipping IMO.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they used a fast shipping service and good luck with the refund claim on the shipping! (am assuming you will make one).

We sometimes get the same issue here with some Amazon sellers who list themselves as in the UK but are actually in Hong Kong or mainland China. They used to be able to ship really quickly pre pandemic so no-one really noticed but since then international shipping seems to have slowed and it makes quite a difference. Wonder if that was the issue here?

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the belt is supposed to be here today, but of course, it's not. They did send me tracking info, and as of right now, that info says:
"Moving Through Network

In Transit to Next Facility"

Soooo, there it is.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you at least got a response. The shipping mishap may not actually be on them; once the product gets to the shipping company, it's on them to stay on schedule. It does appear the faster shipping option was a waste of money, and that's something I think you should address with them. Perhaps they'll make good on it on your next order (if there is one). If not, I'd find a place to leave a review and mention that the "faster shipping" is not fast, nor worth the money.

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the belt a few days ago, exactly as I ordered it. no complaints other than the website was a bit misleading on how fast it was supposed to arrive. it was a custom order, so I guess that's what took the extra time. I'm happy.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good that you got it and you are happy with the product itself. Hopefully you can get back the speedy shippings costs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: