Add KarateForums.com
Test the New KarateForums.com! (KF Turns 23)
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: How Are You Dealing With Soreness Aches Pains From Training? Reply with quote

Training is not for everyone even though we maists might think so.

Demanding so much from oneself due to training sessions does have it's fair share of soreness, aches and pains.

How do you deal with the uncomfortable feelings of recovering from your training sessions?

How do you re motivate yourself emotionally when your body is saying enough already?

I have a lot to say on this subject but first am looking for others opinions firsthand.

What tips or pep talk, would you give to those that might not be trying as well or as much as they should be?

Does having the support of others help you to try harder?

Or are you a self starter able to motivate oneself on a daily basis without the help of others?

There is no escaping soreness aches and pains from training in martial arts, the question is, how do you deal with it?

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soreness I remind myself will only last a day or two, or will pop up after a time due to DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). But stretching and moving for me helps greatly, along with some research that helps!

The emotional side isn't too bad, during training it comes up to how strong your mental capacity to know that you can keep going.

When it comes to students or my friend that I train with, I remind them that the human body can handle a huge volume but comes with training. Even if your brain is going "thats enough for today", you can keep going.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidan Melbourne wrote:
The soreness I remind myself will only last a day or two, or will pop up after a time due to DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). But stretching and moving for me helps greatly, along with some research that helps!

The emotional side isn't too bad, during training it comes up to how strong your mental capacity to know that you can keep going.

When it comes to students or my friend that I train with, I remind them that the human body can handle a huge volume but comes with training. Even if your brain is going "thats enough for today", you can keep going.
We could be talking about pain management techniques.
Here are a few examples to think about in comparison to one's own strengths and weaknesses as a martial artist
https://youtu.be/WNdlEAxKu4c

loisgriffin85
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually take a deep sleep after a workout to give my muscles enough time to get healed. Diet also plays a major role in muscles strength and flexibility.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loisgriffin85 wrote:
I usually take a deep sleep after a workout to give my muscles enough time to get healed. Diet also plays a major role in muscles strength and flexibility.
Sleep and diet are important factors in the recovery process.

The beauty about getting older is that doing things smarter than harder becomes apparent; if wanting to continue on an active lifestyle.

As happy Hour has a different meaning when older as it usually implies having a nap instead of cheap booze in a bar.

Where counting calories is one way of thinking to keep control over ones weight but come to think about it 1000 calories of junk food is not the same as 1000 calories of healthy food that aids in recovery.

For muscles and flexibility, the main ingredient is quality, be it exercises, diet and recovery, similar to the way of an athlete.

Where when younger being a martial artist wasn't necessarily linked with athleticism as eat whatever, as it wasn't a concern; that should have been.

As not putting peak performance with diet plans was a major oversight on my part.

Where losing sleep and partying instead of resting and recovering is another aspect that can make the difference between winning or losing, as who would have ever thought in the past that these differences could have consequence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: