Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow kickboxers!

I've been reading in the other forums about katas and the names for each one. In my school we don't have any special names for them - I kinda wished we did. Anyways, I'm wondering what you call yours - we just say form 1, form 2 etc... I'd also be interested to know if they are all the same as well... See ya!

Lori

-Unknown-

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lori, Most kickboxers today train in full time kickboxing schools and do not practice forms or Katas at all.
There are also alot of fighters that come from traditional schools and become kickboxers later on but they each come from different traditional styles of martial arts.
In my school we train all students from children to adults men and women all aspects of full contact fighting with no unifrms,Belts or tests. This method of trainning is becoming much more popular in todays world as the fighters and overall students progress much quicker in there fighting skills since that is all that they are focussing on.
For one example today is A sad day as one of my top students Chad Distefano passed away on thursday at 21 years old . He started training with me at 16 years old and made it to be an ameteur World champion and A member of USKBA team USA and travelled to the UKRAINE at 19 years old , This was with no prior martial arts experience. He trained very hard and fought very often and progressed very quickly.
He is A perfect example of how quickly you can progress if you focas on achieving your goals. Forms are A good tradition and very nice to see but are not necessary to become A good fighter as Chad and many others have proven . Alot of people do not like to take martial arts becuse they do not like the forms/Katas. But there are also many martial artist worldwide who enjoy doing forms .Me personnally I always enjoyed watching them but hated doing them so that is why I opened A school without those traditions as I believed that there had to be others out there that thought like me.
If any one is interested in seeing tributes to this great young talent "BAD CHAD" DISTEFANO you can see them on
http://www.uskba.com

http://www.ringoffirekickboxing.com

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so sad TOMMY LEE, I'm really sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my condolences to CHAD DISTEFANO'S family...it is always a sad lost when someone passes that is so young.
MAY HE REST IN PEACE.......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your kind words.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

username115
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, tis very sad indeed.

Rest in Peace.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tommy - thanks for the info. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend...I went on the site, couldn't find anything to link me to the tributes, can you tell me where to look? How did he die, btw? Again - I'm very sorry for your loss...

Lori

-Unknown-

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everybody for your kind words, I am printing them and giving them to his family. They very much apreciate the support from the kickboxing World.
His funeral was A tribute to his kickboxing career . They had his belts and trophies showcased and showed videos of his fights and people really thought it was nice .
Lori: I did not mean to change the subject that you started.
Chad had Bronkitas and was on pain killers as he was unable to fight for 1 year due to A car accident that he was in and hurt his feet. He died of complications from the medications and had A cardiac Arrest.
You can find the tributes to chad on
http://www.uskba.com by going to the current events /news page and you will see them.You can find this by entering there page and scrolling down just A little.
Also on the front page of
http://www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
At the top of the page there is A mention of Chad Distefano passing away and then you can click onto A video clip of him ,There will be more added to this page soon. THERE IS ALSO TRIBUTES to him on the message board on that page .

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: