Add KarateForums.com
Test the New KarateForums.com!
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 100, 101, 102  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft has come and gone. How do you feel about how your team drafted? I think KC did a pretty good job overall. Getting Worthy was a great idea. I worry about his size, but if Reid traded up to get him, then they must be confident in his abilities to play in the leauge.

DP, what do you think about Buffalo trading away the pick to KC that gave them the fasted WR in the draft? It made me scratch my head.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys drafted all of the wrong positions. The draft didn't help the Cowboys whatsoever.

The Cowboys needed: OT, iOL, WR, DT, EDGE, LB, CB

They got:

OT Tyler Guyton
EDGE Marshawn Kneeland
G Cooper Beebe
LB Marist Liufau
CB Caelen Carson
WR Ryan Flournoy
OT Nathan Thomas
DT Justin Rogers

They missed the iOL and got a guard...Ouch!! Cowboys didn't address offensive skill position upgrades aggressive enough. However, the Cowboys did bolster the offensive and defensive fronts, minus the iOL.

What hurts the Cowboys outside of the draft was that they lost 8 players to other teams in free agency, including 5 starters. The Cowboys can't replace 5 starters because if they try to replace those 5 starters, then all they are going to do is end up with a very bad version of those 5 starters.

We'll see what we see!!

GO COWBOYS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOL would be a Guard, wouldn't it? The interior linemen are the guards and center. Looks to me like they drafted to the needs you have listed.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
iOL would be a Guard, wouldn't it? The interior linemen are the guards and center. Looks to me like they drafted to the needs you have listed.

Oh yeah, so they are. My bad. Like you pointed out, Brian, center and the right/left guards make up the iOL.

Quote:
They missed the iOL and got a guard...Ouch!! Cowboys didn't address offensive skill position upgrades aggressive enough. However, the Cowboys did bolster the offensive and defensive fronts, minus the iOL.

Boy I was way in left field on that comment of mine. Sorry for that. Just scratch that off while I place a large bag over my head.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:

Seemed that way to me also.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

Oh yeah, so they are. My bad. Like you pointed out, Brian, center and the right/left guards make up the iOL.

Quote:

Boy I was way in left field on that comment of mine. Sorry for that. Just scratch that off while I place a large bag over my head.

Oh, sorry.

It's OK, nobody is perfect. I know I am not.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
DarthPenguin wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
This is a WR rich class. I'm hoping the Chiefs can find a good one at the end of the first round, too. However, they may choose focus on a DB to replace Sneed.

The recent goings-on with Rashee Rice might also force KC to take a WR in the first round to shore up needs. I can't imagine he gets out of this pickle with anything less than a game suspension.

As a Bills fan i hope you take a WR! Also, i would have preferred you to keep Snead to Chris Jones lol.

It is beginning to get to a place like the old 49ers / Cowboys rivalry in the late 90s where the teams basically built a roster to beat the other one. For the Bills we need a team to beat the Chiefs, that is the roster goal! Might lead to some odd decisions on the face of it. E.g. we need a new WR but if a great lineman to try and counter Chris Jones is available maybe that would be better as it will come down to us vs the Chiefs again probably!

It reminds me of the Brady/Manning rivalry, and sprinkle in some Joe Burrow in the place of Rothlesberger.

I saw a post the other day where Burrow was making statements that the Bengals built their roster to beat the Chiefs. Could be him just playing that up, or could be he really thinks that. These coaches and team presidents have a tough job of building squads to compete with the cream of the crop, but also structuring the team to win the division. So hard to keep doing, and eventually there are some breaks in the cycle.

Thats a pretty good analogy actually! Only difference is i think at the time most people thought Manning was the better player but Brady was a better winner. Now, i think most would say Mahomes is just ahead on both fronts!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Draft has come and gone. How do you feel about how your team drafted? I think KC did a pretty good job overall. Getting Worthy was a great idea. I worry about his size, but if Reid traded up to get him, then they must be confident in his abilities to play in the leauge.

DP, what do you think about Buffalo trading away the pick to KC that gave them the fasted WR in the draft? It made me scratch my head.

IT was a funny one but tbh i was hoping KC would take a WR high in the draft. I don't think that is the position that has hurt us most when we play KC. I would have been more worried about a proper 1st round CB (especially since our receivers project to be a little weaker this year).

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Schedule has been released. Regular season starts Thursday September 5, Ravens at Chiefs. Sunday night opener is Rams @ Lions and the MNF opener is Jets @ 49ers. I guess the NFL wants to retry having Rodgers open the season on Monday night.

Thanksgiving games are Bears at Lions, Giants vs Cowboys, Dolphins at Packers

Two games on Christmas Day, Chiefs @ Steelers and Ravens @ Texans.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys VS Raiders pre-season...

WEEK 2 · Sat 08/17 · 9:00 PM CDT

Dallas Cowboys AT Las Vegas Raiders

On CBS

I might go, so I can see the Cowboys live, I live in Las Vegas, Allegiant Stadium tickets can be quite pricey, if the tickets are affordable.

GO COWBOYS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 101 of 102
Jump to: