Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject: diablo 4 Reply with quote

i mentioned this in the PS5 thread but since it is cross platform i thought i might mention it here too as some folks might be getting it for something other than PS5!

Anyone else excited for this? I know Zaine is looking forward to it too - wondered if there are any more diablo fans on here

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had the money to be able to play it now instead of wait until after launch. As of now, I'm waiting for the 14th to be able to play. My wife joked that I should start a GoFundMe since I was being so impatient about it. Until then, I'm just playing some Diablo 2 seasonal content.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: diablo 4 Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:
Haha i can relate! I love the diablo games - for d3 i have a ps3, ps4, switch and pc version of the game! Loved them since the initial one - staff of armageddon was amazing!

Pre-order is due tomorrow so i can't wait. Didn't realise the more expensive editions got early play until after i had ordered! mega FOMO now!

Next decision is initial class - i usually got a barbarian but tried a druid in the beta and tempted by sorceror!

I'm going Necro. Necro was the first class I played in D2 and I fell in love with it. I loved the Necro in D3, as well, and I played Necro during the open beta and had a lot of fun with it.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: diablo 4 Reply with quote

Zaine wrote:
DarthPenguin wrote:
Haha i can relate! I love the diablo games - for d3 i have a ps3, ps4, switch and pc version of the game! Loved them since the initial one - staff of armageddon was amazing!

Pre-order is due tomorrow so i can't wait. Didn't realise the more expensive editions got early play until after i had ordered! mega FOMO now!

Next decision is initial class - i usually got a barbarian but tried a druid in the beta and tempted by sorceror!

I'm going Necro. Necro was the first class I played in D2 and I fell in love with it. I loved the Necro in D3, as well, and I played Necro during the open beta and had a lot of fun with it.

I've never actually tried a necromancer in any version. Might do so this time - this is one of the games i might put in the effort to Platinum and some of the trophies are every class to lvl 50!

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. I am typically pretty bad when it comes to PvP trophies, but I feel like I can manage 5 PvP kills to get that particular achievement. There aren't many achievements to be had, honestly. They will add more with whatever DLC they are planning, but this most of the achievements are things that you would want to do anyway. It seems fairly easy to accomplish.

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Barbarian going -- I tend to go for the typical hack and slash melee classes. I'm playing on Veteran, and some of the Act I bosses are REALLY hard. One of them took like 8 tries for me to down.
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the beta, I played on World Tier 2 and noticed that there were some pretty good challenges. I had to pay attention to the mechanics and make sure that I was doing the right thing. It was a refreshing difference from some of the ARPGs that I have played recently where it felt like I was too overpowered from the jump.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started a frost sorcerer. Really enjoying the game so far. Tried a druid in the beta which was good too.

Game seems a lot bigger than the previous ones too. I'm liking the enemy level scaling also - keeps it a challenge!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats been almost a week now (or longer for anyone with early access). How're you guys finding the game?

Myself i think they have done a really good job with it - enjoying it a lot. Only thing i would have liked added would be the old rune system - making rune word items was cool (and items sets too - i liked them a lot!)

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:
Thats been almost a week now (or longer for anyone with early access). How're you guys finding the game?

Myself i think they have done a really good job with it - enjoying it a lot. Only thing i would have liked added would be the old rune system - making rune word items was cool (and items sets too - i liked them a lot!)

I'm on Act IV now, level 41. And yeah, I do miss the D2:LOD item system with the runes, runewords, and horadric cube recipes. I find the storyline and graphics of D4 to be far superior to D2 (and D2:Resurrected), but the gameplay... there are elements of D2 I liked better.
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: