Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Back to Back Championship!! Reply with quote

The Las Vegas Aces of the WNBA have won the WNBA championship once again BACK TO BACK!!

The Aces defeated the Liberty in New York on Liberty's home court on October 18, 2023 with a record in the Finals of 3-1. The final score was 79-80; a barn burning nail-biting game from buzzer to buzzer.

This championship win for the Aces was done with 2 of their key players out with injuries. Star point guard Gray and starting center Stokes who are both suffering foot injuries sustained in game 3. Despite that, the Aces showed just how good they are. What fueled the Aces was when all of the doubters thought that Liberty would win in 5 games; they thought wrong.

Wilson had 24 points and 16 rebounds. Still, Liberty wasn't going to just lay down. Both teams traded runs up and down the court for 3 and a half quarters and tied 60 all with just a tad over 5 minutes remaining in the game. Teams both continued to trade baskets, with only 8 seconds left and trailing by just 1 point, Liberty called a timeout and penciled a play for Breanna Stewart, the 2023 MVP.

It was not meant to me.

Aces Clark tormented Stewart so much that Steward kicked the ball in the corner where Vandersloot rushed her 3-point shot; she air-balled it and that was it.

Championship Parade will be down the Las Vegas Strip this Monday at 5PM.

The last time the WNBA had a back-to-back championship was back when the LA Sparks handled their business back in 2001 and 2002.

Now for the Golden Knights to go back-to-back their championship of last year, which that feat can be quite daunting. Even though Tampa Bay did that very same thing back in 2020-2021.

GO ACES/GO KNIGHTS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: