Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
I'd like to discuss the age-old great debate. Which Seinfeld character was the funniest: George Costanza or Cosmo Kramer?

Of course if you think one of the other characters was actually the funniest, feel free to argue that.

That’s a tough one for me because they were collectively funny!! Separately, I think Kramer was the funniest of them all, imho. Kramer was the Iggy from Taxi of the Seinfeld show to me.

They both are hysterical and brilliantly played. I can't imagine their could ever be a better actor for either role. Though I do wonder how someone like Jim Carrey would do as Kramer, him and Richards both have a gift for physical humor.

This is likely nigh on blasphemy but i never really watched Seinfeld! Has it aged well? I really liked the lady who went on to be Selina Meyer in Veep and i know she is a major character so it has got me tempted to give it another shot a few times!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never watched it much either. My wife had me sit through some episodes, and they weren't bad, but I wasn't overly impressed, either.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I never watched it much either. My wife had me sit through some episodes, and they weren't bad, but I wasn't overly impressed, either.

At least it is not just me! On a separate (though still tv related note) we just got done watching the first 3 seasons of Upload. I'd never even heard of it but we decided to give it a chance and it was actually really good. Reminded me a lot of the Good Place. Was a totally original concept too which is rare nowadays!

dennis63
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite was:

Third Rock from the Sun

Every show, they stumbled into some aspect of human behavior, dissected it, took it absurdly too far and, finally, understood something about it. It mocked everything equally, and it was hilarious.

John Lithgow is too funny for words, and they had a big "win" with William Shatner appearing in a few shows as "The Big Giant Head."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: