• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Another physics discussion

Warp Spider

Well, it COULD be that time was warped, and it also COULD be that aliens teleported in, changed the clock, and then teleported out. It also COULD be that the whole thing was a government conspiracy, or it could be scientists on a bad acid trip.

However, I'd rather stick within reason, rather than coming up with circular proofs.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but no one mentioned aliens or whatever.

i just asked why it couldn't be that time has indeed warped?

your only answer is because you say the clocks have been broken, but when i ask how, you can't answer.

so really, you have no answers that substantiate your statement that the results were wrong.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Well, like I said, it is theoretically possible that time had indeed warped. However any of those other absurd possibilities are far more likely, which makes the possibility that time somehow warped so far-fetched one might as well say it was the work of leprechauns.

so why is alien intervention more likely than time warping?

no real alien proof yet

but experiments HAVE shown time warping.

(but you say the experiments were faulty so i guess they must be then...)

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

The experiments haven't shown time warping. All they've demonstrated is a circular proof, and as such not valid. It's no more reasonable than saying aliens did it. (except of course, there is some convincing evidence of certain types of alien species)

i thought they dismissed the mars bacteria thing?

unless you were talking about something else again.

how is it circular proof?

two clocks sychronised to begin with.

went through a process.

clocks showed different times.

no signs of interference or damage of any sort on the clocks (although whether they looked very hard is another matter).

you say that the clock must be broken yet you cannot offer any suggestion as to how.

surely if you are informed enough to say that it is broken, you should be able to say how.

i thought they dismissed the mars bacteria thing?

unless you were talking about something else again.

Well, I wasn't referring to that. I was instead referring to the fact that most people who claim to have been abducted by aliens describe two sorts of aliens, whereas only one of those types of aliens (the so-called 'grays') has been popularized by the media. How many people have heard of the 'blues', yet abduction "victims" routinely describe seeing creatures that match that description. Certainately not proof, far from it, but still interesting evidence.

how is it circular proof?

two clocks sychronised to begin with.

went through a process.

clocks showed different times.

no signs of interference or damage of any sort on the clocks (although whether they looked very hard is another matter).

you say that the clock must be broken yet you cannot offer any suggestion as to how.

surely if you are informed enough to say that it is broken, you should be able to say how.

Well, it's a circular proof because time dilation is only a viable explanation of what happened if it is in fact possible. Just like saying it was aliens who did it. If aliens exist, it's a perfectly good explanation, but it certainately doesn't prove the existance of aliens. Similarly, time dilation would be a good explanation for what happened to the clocks, but only if time dilation were real, which means in order to use this as proof of relativity you'd have to first prove relativity. That's what makes it a circular proof.

finally...

why couldn't you just have said that in the frst place?

we could've skipped all that mess with the clocks and their accuracy...

This whole discussion is a bit pointless. You can give all he facts you want but everyone knows the answer anyway - you cannot kick at the speed of light. :lol: :roll: