• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what would you do

ok. why do people block, sidestep, brush, and duck? why not just continuously attack their head as fast as you can? if they block you can continue your attack, and if they sidestep you can turn to face them, and if they try to do a controlled attack they will be greeted by many punches in the face due to their letting their guard down. i know this question seems stupid but i can't seem to find an answer for it

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the idea after reading a chinese martial arts article that described the "leopard" style of fighting. which was wildly sending straight punches to the head with no regard for defense. that got me thinking "why wouldn't that work"?

Wildly isn't very accurate. Make the first couple hits count in case they start ducking out and kick your knee apart or catch a punch and turn your arm into a slinky.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I don't like the idea of just throwing as many punches as possible simply because that's very boring!

The reason why I think it wouldn't work: unless you are fighting with a very stupid person, your opponent will learn that you are always doing the same thing and will think of something to do about it. If you are punching to the head, chances are your body is open for a good kick!