• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Discounted swords

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Not combat worthy. At least I wouldn't think so.

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

what do you want to do with it?

if you just want to hang up a wicked cool looking sword on the wall, go for it. people spend more money on uglier interior decorations.

i doubt the sword is well-balanced, or is properly tempered to hold a proper edge or handle the stress of cutting objects.

keep in mind these swords probably cost about a buck to stamp out in a chinese slave labor factory and your money won't go to them. someone is getting rich, but not them.

expect to spend a LOT of money (4 digits) on a good sword. sorry.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

If you are really going to study the sword with a legit dojo they will tell you where you can get one that is well made. It will cost you quite a bit. A hand folded blade with traditional fitting that can with stand rigorous cutting exercises are expensive. Go to this site and look at the prices. These are some of the most beautifully made swords I've seen so far.

http://www.bugei.com/

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Look online for Paul Chen's Practical Katana. It's about $125.00 for that sword, but it's alot better than the swords you're looking at, I guarantee it.

When you're looking at something from a price standpoint, the main question you have to ask yourself is: WHY is it so cheap?

Do you have to have a sharp, bladed (or, in other words, REAL) sword? If not, you may want to find a wooden, lightweight version of the weapon you will be practicing. This will serve several purposes:

1. Lightweight weapons are nearly always the best ones to start with when you first learn the weapon. That way your brain can concentrate on learning, rather than on "omg this is so heavy".

2. Sharp, metal sword: stab yourself in the gut

Blunt, lightweight wooden sword: minorly bash yourself in the head. Maybe.

3. The wooden sword will most likely be cheaper than a quality "real" sword. By using the wooden one in its place, you'll gain some time to save up for a "real" sword.

I don't really know much about swords, but that's just what I would do if I was in your position.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Save up for a good one. The cheap one might break and cause you injuries, it's not worth it.