• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High School Fighting

KaratekaAikidoist

What you did is 100% right, i got sued once for fighting.... This kid pushed me around because he was showing off to some girls, and i fell so everyone surrounded us in a circle, then he tried to punch me in the face, and withought wanting to, i accidentally, naturally blocked and knocked him out in 1 punch.... i got sued EVEN THOUGH I AM YELLOW BELT! becasue i defended myself... guess who won? me. The guy said i started it but i had like 20 witnesses.... Play it cool, and defend yourself anytime its nesesary(run away if 10 guys try to beat you up with knives)

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting...somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, you can't be sued unless you're at least 18 years of age (in the USA anyway)..correct?

Now, your parents can be sued though for your actions, since they are responsible for you...right?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

i think they're changing that slightly because in some cases, the "children" are fully aware of their actions and should therefore be responsib;e for them.

but yeah, parents are legally responsible for the actions of the children under their care. if a kid is throwing stones and you do nothing to stop them, you are liable for any damages caused by them stones.

as for defending yourself, if you have the witnesses, it'll be ok. in the uk, we are advised to, if provoked, warn that we train in martial arts and if attacked will defend ourselves. this at least will draw attention from other people who will be then be witness to the situation.

we are also told to give sufficient warning to the aggressor. generally, three times, loud and clear before smacking the guy is enough...

but then the whole, excessive force issue is another thing you have to be aware of. stopping the guy and beating him into a coma are two very different things.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Interesting...somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, you can't be sued unless you're at least 18 years of age (in the USA anyway)..correct?

Now, your parents can be sued though for your actions, since they are responsible for you...right?

the sue wasnt directly at me but it was against me

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)