• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In what kyus do you became strong

Practise is the Key

Am 8th kyu have been doing Karate for three months in Kenshukai.

oh by the way do you need a groin protection when you sparr is it nessary?

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyus do not make you strong. You do - if you want to and if your body can take it. If your genetics aren't helping you, all the will won't help you out.

Just train and enjoy. Don't worry about becoming a strong person or about other similar things.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Ditto to the other replies, also usually in Goju Ryu, people start to change after getting their purple belt. The kata for that level (seienchin) is quite demanding physically and seems to take one's entire practice upa notch or three.

As far as wearing groin protection - YES! No matter who you're sparring, unless you enjoy that kind of pain. :o

i tend not to wear a cup. but if you get hit in the juevos, you will really wish you had it on. to be honest though, the times that I've worn one, i've noticed they don't do much good if the strike comes at any angle aside from straight in. upwards kicks just jam the cup into your nuts

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

You definately need a cup for free sparring. The first time you get kicked in the groin, you will know why. Don't get a cheap one though, I've seen some broken ones !!

When do you get strong ? Well, it depends. In my experience, you get stronger when you really learn to use your body korrekt in techniques. E.g. hiprotation, korrekt tension and relaxation to name a few. Of course, sit ups and push ups helps too. :brow:

May the force be with you... Always

It depends on you really, and your instructor obviously. I dont know what sort of style you do but after your first/second test, varying on the style you train in, your technique should allow you to as we say in our dojo "to use the floor" i.e. use the muscles in your feet through the hips to add power to your punches. And do wear a cup i've been kicked in the groin quite a few times in the recent weeks. these things happen all the time. So unless you enjoy pain a lot (each to his own ;) ) wear it!!! good luck and enjoy your self.

Read a book!

Pushups/Weights/Exercise/Practice make you strong... Kyus are for experience not for strength

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)