• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hypocrite?

KaratekaAikidoist

You guys may remember a message I posted about my friends bashing karate. Well, a few days ago, I was talking to a fellow martial artist about a seminar and we were discussing our arts when one of the kids who talked about how stupid karate was but in and said "Ross' dojo is really neat and has all this gymnastic equipment and foam pits...etc" you see, our dojo shares a building with a gymnastic place and his sister went there so I guess he tagged along. Then he began to brag, once again, about how his dad was good in kung fu and how he knew how to use nunchuks. I proceded to roll my eyes. Did he but in to act like he knew what we were talking about or did he just want attention?

(oh, my name is Ross, thus explaining "Ross'dojo)

Karateka Aikidoist

• 4 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If they look like you, be concerned. :uhoh:

If not, smile politely, lick your finger, and gently insert it in their ear. :brow:

Yeah, sounds like a call for attention, as well as an attempt to 'bond.' Seems like he has a little insecurity issue, associating his self-esteem with his father's abilities. An inward-projection of competence, if you will.

On the other hand, he may have tried distracting you while an accomplice plotted to gently insert his finger in your ear. :weirdlook:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro