krunchyfrogg

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends , Wehre are you moving to you can look different schools up on the web or ask around and see if anyone knows of any good dojo's etc...

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

I'd say that unless you're studying TKD, you'll no oubt have problems finding the same system where you go.

TKD schools are on just about every street corner now, and I suspect in a few years will have one midway down every block!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

kenshukai:Hard tiring lack ceremony but strong!vote the toughest since 1970. some of student give up too hard. Worth the cash £5 per lesso $9.87 if you want to experince TRY THIS!!!

Shotokan: Medium tough alot ceremony and traditon.

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

krunchyfrogg, where are you moving to? And what style are/will you be looking for? I'm good at doing searches, so I can help out some, if you'd like.

Yes. She is.....I'll second that :lol:

KarateForums.com Sempai

krunchyfrogg, where are you moving to? And what style are/will you be looking for? I'm good at doing searches, so I can help out some, if you'd like.

I'm moving to Parsippany, NJ.

The styles I'm learning now are Shorin Ryu, Goju, and Shotokan. Any of them would be fine. I just want to be taking something.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

I'm moving to Parsippany, NJ.

The styles I'm learning now are Shorin Ryu, Goju, and Shotokan. Any of them would be fine. I just want to be taking something.

That shouldn't be hard at all! Shotokan and ShorinRyu are 2 of the 4 popular Okinawan styles. I'll help you look too.

What style of ShorinRyu? Matsubayashi, Kobiyashi or Shobiyashi *sp*

Kita

PS --- How far are you willing to travel for a school? I commute 30 miles across a river and state lines to train :) I'm making it sound farther than it is....I live in IL --- 14 miles from the MO / St Louis state line and river :P

KarateForums.com Sempai

I was just browsing over the intros --- you haven't been taking karate very long have you --- like less than a month? I'm I reading that right? If that's the case, it may also make it easier to find a school -- I remember being more flexible --- at least until I made it to yellow / orange belt.

Good luck!

Kita

KarateForums.com Sempai