• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sorry mate....

but c'mon, saying that someone, let alone a pro boxer "stole" his idea was just asking for some abuse.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I took kickboxing two years ago, but I still remeber some of the moves. I thought usin a hammerfist-hook punch was consider a foul move... Isn't it? I'm confizzled.

2+2=4

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow, I feel like I am the first person to actually respond to the initial question. I actually am a boxer and dirty tricks in boxing are things that the ref will not catch. They know about hammerfists and backfists and you can get a point taken away if you don't heed the ref's warnings. Here are some that will not get caught if you do them right:

1. When throwing a hook punch on the inside (this is too obvious if not in-fighting because the angle at your elbow has to be 90 degrees or less to do it descretely - the closer you are to your opponent, the smaller the angle at your elbow). If you are close enough or in a semi-clinch when throwing the hook punch, grind your forearm and elbow across your opponent's face. Actually striking with the forearm or elbow is way too obvious unless they move their head to avoid the punch just right, then you can turn it into a slight strike and it will be a justified miss of your glove.

2. When retracting the same or a similar punch in the same or a similar situation, you can grind your elbow and forearm across their face again, but you must go for another punch with that same hand immediately. If you do not, it looks like you are striking with the elbow or forearm. If you go for a punch with the same hand, then it looks like you were innocently trying to free/retract your arm for another punch, and the forearm, if seen at all, was just a part of the contact that comes naturally with close-range fighting in the ring.

3. When your opponent is trying to tie you up and clinch, keep your gloves up by your forehead and your head turned down a little. So now it looks like you are ducking your head to avoid getting hit, and keeping your guard up (which is all rather funny since your opponent is obviously the one who wants to clinch and not punch. Make sure one of your gloves is just past his face and push hard into his face with your forearm to get him off of you. If the ref is on your left side, then place your right glove on the right side of your opponent's face (your left), his cheek or temple - really it just needs to be near that area - and push with your forearm. This way the ref doesn't see it.

4. In the same situation of while just in-fighting, grind the top, top/side, or top/back of your head into your opponent's jaw, face, or temple. Evander Holyfeild is terrible for doing this. Keep at least one glove up while doing this so it looks like you are guarding one side of your head with a glove and innocently using the opponent's head to guard the other side for you.

5. Stepping on feet.

6. When an opponent ducks and they are close enough to you or trying to clinch, tie them up but keep them bent over. Basically you are now waiting for the ref to break you up. While you wait, you place almost your entire bodyweight on your opponent to wear them out. They will try to ramain standing because it's either that or they go down. While going down in this case will rarely result in a knock-down ruling, it is still possible, and going down for any reason influences the judges. Some boxers get really frustrated by the over-use of this dirty tactic (by far the most commonly used one) and actually pick up their opponent on their shoulder just to show how much their opponent was leaning on them.

7. If your opponent is offbalanced but not hurt by one of your punches, move in close and push them with your entire body while throwing some poor punches that are only there to make it look like you are punching. The puch will knock your opponent down and you can commonly get away with a knock-down ruling.

8. Throwing a combination at your opponent when they go to tough gloves at the beginning of a round. This is very dirty and very obvious but 100% legal. Just start the combination with a jab so that it looks like you are going to touch gloves too.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Watch some boxing as soon as possible and see how many of these you can spot. 1-3 happen most commonly on the ropes.

I am not anadvocate of these tactics and never use them myself. However I do box and thus know of them because 1. they become easy to spot and you see the pros use them a lot, and 2. it is good to know of them in case you come across an opponent who uses them. So now you all know what dirty tactics to watch out for against a boxer, and will hopefully not be surprised by any as I have now and then.

Happy fighting.

Free online martial arts lessons at https://www.intellifight.com (updated regularly)!