• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

whats the best fighting game

Voycoon

I remember playing Virtua Fighter 2 in the arcade, and it was the bomb diggity, yo. :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I loved VF2. But when VF4 came out and my brother started playing it religiously, I was surprised at how much I hated it. It plays so much differently from any other fighting game...counterintuitive, and oftentimes the controls felt unresponsive.

Give me Tekken (especially with Eddy Gordo, my best character), Dead or Alive, or even Street Fighter any day.

I've never played Soul Caliber before, though.

What about that game Ergheiz? :lol: I never owned it but I played a demo. I think the entire appeal to that game was that it had other videogame characters like Cloud and Tifa in it.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i've never met someone else who thought the controls to VF4 sucked! everybody else was raving how absolutely brilliant of a game it was, where as i just said "feh, the sega saturn ones were better". i'm a much bigger fan of tekken, particularly law or lei wu long. i didn't like the controls to dead or alive, though, and i was never that in to street fighter.

Ergheiz? :lol: i never got around to playing that. a friend of mine bought it (for cloud, of course) and proclaimed it the second most awful fighter he's ever played! he is, however, one of those people who bases games almost completely on graphical prowess, however. his reaction to final fantasy VII was (he started around the time X came out) "wow, it's actually a pretty good game, despite the bad graphics..." :roll:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

his reaction to final fantasy VII was (he started around the time X came out) "wow, it's actually a pretty good game, despite the bad graphics..." :roll:

:lol: Those graphics were state-of-the-art at the time! They're still pretty mind-boggling in the FMV's, considering the technology they had to work with. I love FF7, no matter how corny, confusing, or silly it may be :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

bat 16 that is becausse those pro video game players (yes there is a such thing) sad that an amatuer idoit can play a tekken or street fighter game for the first time and beat a pro because the controls where easy. only thing you have to do is smash do on the buttons and you can beat anybody. so thats why they came up with the difficult controls that somebody who really plays V4 can understand.

falcon kick!!!

anyone can beat a pro by button mashing (yes, there's a term for it) in a fighter, it depends on the luck. i'd like to see someone try to beat my law or lay by button mashing with say, gun jack, kuma, or xiaoyu 8) i beat my friend who's owned the game for 6 months by button mashing my first time around. that's why gamers hate button mashing; because they just might win :P virtua fighter 4 is no different. i like the tekken controls just fine, thank you very much :D

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

i could've sworn that the virtua fighter games came out before they started holding pro tournaments.

sano, what you are saying is why some gamers prefer the virtua fighter controls, not the reason for the way they are.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I would have to say Soul Calibur 2 is the best fighting game because the game has so much depth to it. As a martial artist, SC2 actually allows me to fight in the game very closely to the way I fight in real life. Two of my friends own the game and I don't, but they cannot for the life of them beat me in the game because of my real life fighting experience. Now that's an impressive game - one that gives the real fighter an advantage over the mere gamer!

Free online martial arts lessons at https://www.intellifight.com (updated regularly)!