• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For those who practice Shaolin Kung Fu

Do you thik/know, how the shaolin develop such strenght? is it only the repetition and arduous training?

cause most of the schools here, use heavybags, pads and all that stuff... and I doubt that in the shaolin temples they have that... how do they do? punch walls? use the internal energy?

If anyone knows, please post...

thanx

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
well, i'm no expert, but i think the idea is that their internal energy is so strong they can use it to do cool stuff like flips on their heads and break bricks with their fingers and stuff. i'm fairly certain it's an internal thing.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

There is alot of internal training done in authentic Shoalin styles, as is external training. There has to be a balance of yin and yang in everything to make it effective. Hitting the heavy bag strengthens muscles and bones, but meditation and chigong help the body's energy and health which is just as important.

Have you ever "rested" in a Shaolin pose? They are extremely difficult poses to hold and require much strength and balance. They make sitting in a deep horse stance look easy. Ask your instructor...I think the answer may be a complete balance between the internal and external. Good Topic.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

cause most of the schools here, use heavybags, pads and all that stuff... and I doubt that in the shaolin temples they have that... how do they do? punch walls? use the internal energy?

If anyone knows, please post...

thanx

Lol,

They had and still have punching bags. There are body hardening exercises and of course plenty of practice.

and despite what a lot of hacks will try to tell you, there is a lot of "external" training in shaolin kung fu...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."