• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

minimum wage syndrome

taezee

this is one of the main issues of the airport?SECURITY problems we have not only ay our airports or anywhere else>>> we want secirity and police protection but we dont want to pay>>i remember taking a flight last month to flotrida and having a sixteen year old kid asking me if i packed my own bag and not even looking me in the eye as i said yes>>that was it the extent of his interorgation of a potential threat to the flight i was taking>>>i didnt think of it then as it was before the tragedy>>>but i remember thinking at that time wow what if i had a bomb? WHAT KIND OF SECURITY IS THAT..the only thing i was concerned about at that time was ..i hope the piolt is not a drunk or i hope nothing mechanical is wrong with the plane.....never thought of anyone trying to take the plane(terroist)..now i think how easy is it to take a plane if that was on my mind..you got all of these "security personal" who dont give a sh@#T only because they are paid minimum wage..i guess i wouldnt either...so what my point is ..instead of worrying about the next anthrax syndrome..we need to take a good hard look at our security and our assumtion that everything is okay and start paying more..including our fireman and policeman who dont get paid enough for there risk takin on the job...we want everything cheap and fast..but we dont want to pay for it..starting at the airlines and every other form of "SECURITY" in this country we need to make sure that these individuals are paid correctly for thier efforts..or were just waiting for the next incident to make headline news.. :???:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was just having the same conversation with a co-worker the other day. He used to work as a security officer and wasn't paid more than $7.50/hr. Some loonie came in and asked him what he would do if he decided he was gonna rob the bank and blow everyone's head off, and he answered back that he didn't get paid enough to warrant risking his life and that he'd high-tail it out the door with the rest of them...and I wouldn't blame him a bit - you get what you pay for, so in otherwords if you want to be protected and you expect someone to risk their life for your safety, you damn well better pay them well for it.

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

It's a sad reality that many security guards get paid poorly. This is also the fault of the people that hire contract services. If you pay a security company $10/hr for a guard...how much can the guy make?

If you can work at McDonalds for the same wage as a security guard, what calibre of officer does one expect.

This is true. When these kinds of jobs are turned over to the company with the lowest bid it is no wonder the quality of the protection suffers. I know I would be reluctant to but my safty and posibly my life on the line for $7.50/hrs. As taezee pointed out if we want quality protection we are going to have to be willing to spend the money.

• 2 weeks later...

The Security here in england is pretty tight i never been to the states so i cant really compare though but theres metal detectors and loads of security and precautions they take here maybe usa should learn sommit from england in the airport security department

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh