• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Threat Response Solutions (TRS)

Have any of you guys bought videos from this company? I made my first purchase with them a couple weeks ago - what I've seen impresses me. The moves are pretty simple and quick to learn, but they really work. If you can make any comments about their videos, especially the new Larry Wick set, please do so. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join a school, any school. Save the videos for later when you've learned the basics.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Join a school, any school. Save the videos for later when you've learned the basics.

I am a 1st Dan in Shotokan. I know the basics of my art.

Could someone please explain how the belt icons under the username work? Is it how many posts you've made? :-?

Okay, let's try to get the convo going again. Here's an example of a move from another TRS video, namely 'Fight to in' by Jim West.

Chin Blast - good for when a big guy is threatening you or you're backed up.

1. Place your hand on your attacker's chest as if trying o calm him down. Look submissive.

2. Flip your hand around, and drive your elbow up into his chin, using your legs for more power.

3. Follow up with a strike to the groin or throat.

Pretty basic techniques for us martial artists, but put into a scenario where they could be used very effectively and simply.

Most fights begin with some sort of verbal attack first. This will be at conversation range, about 18 inches. If you cannot verbally diffuse the situation and cannot escape, and you know it's going to get physical, you are legally justified to end the threat.

Read 'The Fence' or 'Fighting Without Fighting' by Geoff Thompson. This guy is an expert of fight psychology.