• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Musical form music - Help needed

stl_karateka

Help! I am entering a talent show and I want to dress up my form a little.

I am using ksari-gamas (swinging kamas with rope) --- and the kata is already awesome. But besides swinging the kamas like nun-chucks through some moves, there are no advanced transitions, kicks or spins...basically I am going to use this kata as a base to build a creative musical form but putting in some kicks and spins.

I want to add some music to keep the audience on edge. Anyone know any fast paced form music? That's what I really need suggestions on.

Kita

KarateForums.com Sempai

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Try some techno and club dance music. Some people like Prodigy or The Crystal Method.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

How about "Fuel" by Metallica? Or some music from Motrtal Kombat/Matrix soundtracks? :brow:
I have a problem with Mortal Combat cause EVERYONE does it. I found a trance knight rider remix I'll probably use --- my partner is also looking for music if that doesn't work. Thanks for the suggestions though!
KarateForums.com Sempai

• 3 weeks later...
i forget what it's called, but track 4 on the matrix reloaded soundtrack is a good one. i also like "battle without honror or humility" off of the kill bill soundtrack, but it's not very fast paced. i don't have the kill bill soundtrack yet (payday's this friday :wink: ) but on the preview that was a really neat song that seemed to consist mostly of druming and hand claps. i'm not sure if it's on the soundtrack or not, but if it is, it could be worth a listen. just stay away from all things mortal kombat :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Most tracks from any "2Unlimited" album will do.

There are a lot of techno remixes that are good.

Soundtracks from Spawn and Blade have some good stuff.

Some stores sell cardio tapes that have songs with different beats per minute so you can choose the perfect speed.

Mortal combat is used alot but there are other tracks on the soundtrack, such as Scorpions Theme,that don't get used as much.

Listen to a lot of stuff and something with jump out at you eventually.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

but for all that is sacred, DO NOT sample streetfighter sound effects...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 2 weeks later...

haha. I probably have more fast music than is healthy. Rather than name the hundreds of dance tracks on my list, I'll mainly just name groups.

Scooter - extremely popular dance group in Europe. Anything by them will be good for you, especially Fire.

Dune - I found their stuff actually too fast for performing but you may like it. Anything from them.

Bomfunk MCs - cool fast break dancing feel - try Uprockin Beats to get a feel for their stuff.

Initial D - a Japanese group who's songs are all in English. All of their stuff is good. Try Knights of Fire.

Two-Mix - very similar to Initial D. Also Japanese.

E-Type - another European group. Their stuff is definately a bit slower than everyone else listed here.

Kodo - traditional Japanese battle drums. Sometimes you fan find dance mix versions of the stuff too. Not all that fast but powerful and cultural.

Taiko - same as Kodo.

Tatu - you know, those gay Russian girls. Most of their faster stuff you will find on Kazaa under "Taty" - their Russian name, not "Tatu"

As a single song, search for "trance +mega man" and you should find a really good track. The guy will be saying "I am the Creator" throughout the song, that's how to tell if you've downloaded the right one.

All of the groups mentioned have a variety of different speeds and feels to their songs, so try a couple of tracks by a group before giving up on them and moving to the next group. I forget the names of the tracks from The Matrix Reloaded but you could find out easily enough. The freeway chase had excellent music.

Oh, and Keep Hope Alive by The Crystal Method is a classic (see opening sequence from The Replacement Killers with Chow Yun-Fat)

If you still don't find anything, post another message being more specific about the kind of music you are looking for. I am positive I will have something suitable to recommend......so much dance music. This can't be healthy.

Free online martial arts lessons at https://www.intellifight.com (updated regularly)!