• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This MT master who chops thick bamboo with his hands, he also eats iron and shi7s chains, right? You have seen it yourself, right?. And you was not even sweet when you woke up from the dream?. No, I'm just putting you on, some of the old masters is really amazing to watch, but you might want to step down a little, in every art there is a master that can do amazing things and whom eating other masters to lunch.... see? 8)

MT itself is watered down to fit in a ring I have been told by someone doing MT, while Wing Chun has not!. We are train to fight in any conditions, not just a ring. We can fight on dry, wet, snowy, slippery and icey surfaces, what about MT? MT can do it, but half of there effective weapons is gone with it. We hit, kick and poke while we playing with feets, knees hands, trapping, clinching, alboes, sholders headbutts, sweeps......, he77, we do just about everything there is of dirty and not so dirty fighting to put you on your a$$ and as far as I know this is not alowed in any ring exept the gladiators ring. Wing Chun just ain't disigned for the ring.... yet!

The time when the socalled TMA's styles was hitting thin air when hitting or kicking is, I think more or less over(At least it is is in my case, but others to), thanks to the influence of the UFC and its like and I do believe you gonna see more reallisticlly training in many dojos/kwoons coz of it, but describe every other style as worthless? No, I don't think so.

No style is totally complete, it depence on what it is disigned for and what you will use it for, so any style or system have something to offer, offcause!. :karate:

Someone here like the whole consept of MA and not just the fighting part of it and want's to keep up with it there whole life and a lot of people here and on other forums have forgoten that point. :bawling:

Like a quote I saw on the emty flower forum:

Self defence = Skills learned to stay out of shi7 with the help of sosial awareness, eyecontact and common sence etc, etc....

Martial art = Skills from whatever style to help you when your self defens didn't work.... :D

Whatever, I gotta go now. So..... adios amigos :karate: :karate:

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!

Am not a muay Thai just joking, every arts have differrent potential and all arts are not perfect, if wc fight mt goodluck to both.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

MT itself is watered down to fit in a ring I have been told by someone doing MT, while Wing Chun has not!. We are train to fight in any conditions, not just a ring.

it's not watered down. there are dozens of thai arts. MT was part of the empty hand training that was coupled with krabbi krabbong. In addition, with the tough training and brutal techniques that they undergo/learn, I'd take the "watered down" MT over almost any other style any day. If you really think that MT guys can't fight in situations other than

We can fight on dry, wet, snowy, slippery and icey surfaces, what about MT? MT can do it, but half of there effective weapons is gone with it.

wrong.

We hit, kick and poke while we playing with feets, knees hands, trapping, clinching, alboes, sholders headbutts, sweeps......, he77, we do just about everything there is of dirty and not so dirty fighting to put you on your a$$ and as far as I know this is not alowed in any ring exept the gladiators ring. Wing Chun just ain't disigned for the ring.... yet!

you didn't list anything that MT doesn't do except trapping, and the usefulness of that is debateable. Do you really think that you can out elbow or out knee an MT guy? do you think that elbows and knees are illegal in MT?

The time when the socalled TMA's styles was hitting thin air when hitting or kicking is, I think more or less over(At least it is is in my case, but others to), thanks to the influence of the UFC and its like and I do believe you gonna see more reallisticlly training in many dojos/kwoons coz of it, but describe every other style as worthless? No, I don't think so.

that will never completely happen. Why, because schools cater to the mainstream. not everyone wants that type of training, so there will always be schools that don't offer it. People know up front that MT, bjj, etc. compete, so they know not to go there if they don't want the arduous training that goes with it. It would be nice if all, heck even most TMA schools adopted more realistic training, but I can't see that as anything more than a fantasy at this point. Doesn't mean they are useless, but the avg tma takes longer to become proficient in fighting. tma styles are designed that way.

No style is totally complete, it depence on what it is disigned for and what you will use it for, so any style or system have something to offer, offcause!. :karate:

agreed.

Someone here like the whole consept of MA and not just the fighting part of it and want's to keep up with it there whole life and a lot of people here and on other forums have forgoten that point. :bawling:

there's no real point to make. fighting is fighting. MA is the art of fighting. Of course you can do it your whole life. One of my judo coaches will be 74 this year. the non fighting aspect isn't a requirement for learning to fight, however. I get spirituality at church. philosophy from books.

Like a quote I saw on the emty flower forum:

Self defence = Skills learned to stay out of shi7 with the help of sosial awareness, eyecontact and common sence etc, etc....

Martial art = Skills from whatever style to help you when your self defens didn't work.... :D

I agree with that - it's an excellent quote. awareness is something different than spirituality or pholosophy. Also, some people (myself included) make a distinction between fighting and self defense.

• 3 weeks later...