• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tournaments

sano

i do not compete in those circuit karate tourneys but would like too.

i hate katas so i do not want to compete in forms. but i heard of something called continous sparring. how is it? i only compete in full contact tournaments so tell me is it worth my time? and can't i only compete in continous sparring only? i'm with shidokan karate which is more like kyokushin, so would they let me compete?

falcon kick!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yes they should let you compete, and continous sparring is like this... its point sparring and you go a certain length(usually about 1-2 mins), whoever scores the most points wins :). Points are different with each federation though.

~BladeLee~

There are Continous tournaments out there, TKD tournaments I have found this to be more common. Most of the tournaments are continus fighting with controlled contact. Points vary from tournament to tournament. The typical round is 2 minutes, which is a lot longer than it sounds. Just ask the tournament co-ordinators to compete in some of these tournaments. I would also ask your Sensi on this matter. It could be a sign of disrespect if you went and fought without his permission. IT's tons of fun competing in continous fighting tournaments. One suggustion before competing though is to get your wind up.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

my friend wants to compete too but he is not with any school what about him. well he was with my school for a couple of days then split.

Most tournaments (at least the ones I go to) --- ask what school you are from. I think its a matter of accountability that this person is actually trained in martial arts.

KarateForums.com Sempai

WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU STUDY IN? THAT'S THE FIRST I HERE ABOUT- "OPEN TO ANYONE TOURNAMENTS." Normally kicks to the side of the head down to the belt level-no sweeps, elbows or low kicks,kicks to the back, (injury reasons). In my style of TKD punching is permitted to the sides of the face. Nose mashing and uppercuts are frowned upon but sometimes happen. It all depends on the organization holding the event.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• 2 weeks later...
cool, Bare Knukle thou.... I like my face..lol, I'd like to compete in one but there are no club like that he in Canada